One

Entry 1: October 27

All my friends around me have something special about them. Yeah, I know there is something in me that someone finds incredulous. But not that one thing that I will be remembered for. My biggest fear, is dying, but nobody remembering my life while I was alive. And I'm afraid that it will end that way. My best friend, Aria, is a writer. She writes fanfiction on fanfiction sites, and I have a feeling she will be a famous writer when she gets older. She is so brilliant and such a vibrant person, it makes everyone seem dull from how bright she shines. My other friend, Lacey, is so musical, I'm pretty sure she plays every instrument. She is one of those people that everyone calls crazy, because she is, but when you actually get a closer look you see all those little things you missed, and realize what a great person she is. Now the point I am trying to get at is that I am still searching for my special something. Yeah I do little things, like playing a bit of guitar, and doing cheerleading. But nothing I could go far doing. And I guess I will just have to wait to find out what it is. But I'm getting impatient, because I'm a Junior in highschool and I still don't have an incredible talent that I could get a career out of. But I know it will come. I just have to find it.

-Celine Skare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celine's P.O.V.

"CELINE!" I hear someone scream my name down the hallway and brace myself for impact, not sure what direction they are going to pop out of. Before I know it, my good friend Angelina has jumped on my back.

"Yes?" I ask as casually as I can, gripping her legs so she won't fall.

"Oh my god did you see the new guys' shins!? LOOK AT THEM," she jumps off my back and points toward the new guy. Except he isn't new. I've seen him around a lot, I'm pretty sure his name is Dan.

"Isn't that Dan Corter?" I reply, hoping she wont freak out at the fact that I know him.

"YOU KNOW HIM?!" she practically screams.

"He's in my Social Studies class."

"AND HOW DO YOU LIVE KNOWING HIM AND HIS MUSCULAR SHOULDERS ARE IN THE SAME ROOM AS YOU?!" She's now clenching my arms and shaking me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see him walking toward her. Perfect.

"Just go talk to him!" I laugh as I shove her toward him. I watch as they immediately hit it off and start chatting away in the middle of the hallway. Adorable.

This is normal for me. Playing match-maker with my friends. My older brother, Stephen, does this with his friends too. I remember being in 6th grade, and hearing him explain how his best friend found a girlfriend thanks to him. I guess I got the gene from him because all my friends are in love thanks to me. Besides for my closest friend, who is basically my sister, Aria. She has a lot of things on her mind, and I don't want any of these stupid kids in our grade breaking her heart. She's way to smart to ever let anyone do that to her anyways. As for me, I'm the other one who's not in love, and I'm okay with that. The less drama, the better.

I start rushing up the stairs to get to my class, considering I am technically already late. I see a couple of lingering people still in the hallway and on the stairs, but not many, which is a bad sign. I just get to the last couple of steps on the stairwell when I trip and bang my head on the corner of the top stair. Shit. Just my luck. My books spill across the stairs, and I can hear my pencil case slowly fall down all the steps I just walked up. Ugh.

"You okay?" A voice asks from above me as I begin to pick myself up. My head is throbbing and I can already tell a bruise is forming just from the immense pain. And I am officially late to class. This is a completely different way to start my day, and I hope I never have to do it again.

I look up to find a guy I actually never met before. He has light tan skin and loose black hair that falls just over his right eye. He stands about more than half a head taller than me, and doesn't look as bad as 99% of the school.

"Yeah I'm fine," I reply showing a slight smile to be friendly as I begin to collect my fallen books, and casually run down five steps to grab my pencil case.

"You sure? Your head looks really swollen." he nodded toward my head and I lifted my hand to feel it as I walked back up the steps. A big throbbing lump was growing. Great.

By now the hallways were clear, and only me and this guys' voices echoed off the walls. It's so weird hearing classes go on in the rooms beside us, when we should be in there, hearing our teachers talk about a subject we have no interest in, but still need to memorize.

"Yeah, I'll put ice on it later. But I have to get going, so see ya," I said so lamely as I walked pass him with a little smile.

"I'm Roan by the way," he called back to me as he himself stated to walk off.

"Celine." I replied over my shoulder. I am never, ever late to class, so this will be new. My teacher is going to kill me, but hopefully I'll get let off the hook, considering this is my first time. But for some reason, I wasn't worrying too much about that, only thinking about what just happened. Probably because I can't get his name out of my head.

Roan. What a name.