✨ Dancing to the Beat of my heart

Start from the beginning

Our instructor even watched me practice the dance and said she should've chosen me to dance instead. I had been working extra hard to perfect this dance, especially if he would be here.

"Okay, places everyone, places!" The director of the showcase called out.

I let out a deep breath and ran where the other dancers were gathered. I could feel my heart getting ready to jump out of my chest. This must be what the adrenaline of performing alone felt like.

"I can't do this." I repeated to myself, as I watched the other dancers go out there.

"I should be dancing with a team, not by myself." I shrieked, getting more and more nervous as I watched the crowd, which seemed to grow and grow before my eyes.

"I'm gonna make a fool of myself!"

My dance mates must've noticed my discomfort. They began crowding around me, giving me supportive hugs and saying words of encouragement.

"You'll do great!"

"Yea, you're an amazing dancer."

"Just picture everyone in the audience in their as hamsters in their underwear."

We giggled at our friend's attempt to make me ease my nervousness, which for a second worked, but it vanished as soon as my name was called.

I gulped loudly and slowly made my way to the stage. I cued the DJ and the song started. My heart seemed to be having a fight inside me, trying to escape as I moved about the stage. I glanced at the audience every now and then, but to my dismay, no Junior.

"What'd you expect?" I thought to myself. "He's a celebrity who probably just thinks I'm a crazy fan."

Nonetheless, I kept dancing. I hears the door open, but I didn't pay attention, trying to stay focused on my art. The song was coming to an end and I glanced one last time at the audience, almost losing balance at the sight for sore eyes.

Mark, Jackson, Jaebum, Youngjae, Bambam and Yugyeom were seated in the first row, staring at me with the brightest smiles. A blush crept up in my cheeks as I finished the dance, not daring the look at the last seat next to the giant maknae.

I gulped and slowly glanced in the direction of the reason to why I had been freaking out all day. The reason for my uncontrollable squealing and the reason for my non stop fangirling. Jinyoung. There sat, smiling brighter than the rest of the crowd, the crinkles near his eyes visible, making my heart flutter.

I breathed heavily as the crowd stood up and cheered, but I didn't care. All that mattered was that he was here and he knew who I was.

~~~~~~~~~

I clutched the bouquet close to me, afraid of letting Go.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked.

He smiled brightly and took my hands in his, causing the earlier heart problems to come back.

"You invited me, didn't you?" He chuckled and eyebrow raised.

My blush deepened. "I-i didn't think you'd show up." I spoke truthfully.

He chuckled again. "We've been working extra hard all year, so that we could make it tonight. I'm glad I got to see you perform in person. You're even more beautiful than on the screen."

It turns out that Junior had been keeping up with my dance videos, which the studio posts on YouTube. I was flattered, beyond flattered even that he even gave a me a second glance, let alone watched me dance.

"You were amazing tonight." He brushed a strand of hair from my face.

I stared at the ground, afraid of embarrassing myself even more. I'd be more than capable of doing that, especially the way he looked at me.

"T-thank you , Junior." I whispered , barely audible.

He smiled and lifted up my chin with his finger.

"Please, call me Jinyoung, beautiful."

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat. "O-okay. J-jinyoung." I stuttered, unable to fathom a coherent thought.

He laughed his melodious laugh and in an instant, his coat was placed in me. I furrowed my brows and looks up at him.

"How about a date, with me, right now?" He asked, biting his lip in anticipation.

I smiled brightly, blushing obviously, and nodded my head. He gasped, his eyes practically popping out of his head as he took my hand in his.

"I would love to, Jun--I mean, Jinyoung." I giggled slightly, causing his eyes to twinkle.

"Come on beautiful (Y/N), I know the perfect place." He lead me happily into the winter night.

And for once that night, I wasn't afraid to speak.

"And that, my dear children is how (Your Ship Name) came to be." I told my squealing children.

I smiled at their bright smiles, the same eye crinkle visible when they did. I missed their heads and turned off the lights.

"Goodnight , my angels." I whispered as they fell asleep.

A gasp escaped my lips as someone wrapped their arms around my waist.

"Ah, Jinyoung. You scared me." I giggled, playfully hitting him.

He gently kissed my neck. "Sorry, Jagi. I was gonna come in before, but I wanted to hear you tell them how we met, again." He chuckled.

I smiled and turned around, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"How did the story end again? I mean for the couple." He smirked, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Hmmm, I think they lived happily ever after." I whispered before placing my lips on my husband's , not hiding the happiness I felt when I was with him.

And to think, all this happened because I sent him those tickets.

~ PastelYug