Tia Lena

We both pulled away looking into each others eyes.

"So what now?" I asked sitting up facing Craig.

Once Craig sat up as well he spoke. "I really don't know, but what I do know is I want to be with you every single day at every moment, when I see you I get nervous and can't find words your just everything I want"

His voice trailed off at the end of the sentence but it was kinda cute. Thats when he stoop up and walked over to his dresser and pulled out a small black box from the drawer.

"So I guess what I was wondering if" he hesitated for a bit before he spoke again " Si querías hacer mía?" (if you wanted to be mine) As Craig was on both knees in front of me while i was sitting on the edge of the bed. Craig obviously had an accent trying to speak Spanish but I didn't care because it was the thought that counted. Inside the black box a necklace, kinda like the first time we went on our date, I smiled to myself. I took the necklace out if the black box which had a light blue crystal gem in the center. I quickly put it on before I could respond to Craig's question.

"I'd love to" I said whispering into his ear. I kissed him so lightly on his lips I could tell he wanted more but I pulled away knowing he'd want even more.

He smiled like a loon and i smiled back. I got up from the bed and said "sooo what are we gonna do about this?" I asked pointing to his batter covered bed and ourselves" Well Ill clean up the bed, dont worry but first were gonna need to shower" Craig smirked at me as he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me toward him. " " Ugh get off" I chuckled as I pushed him away "I need my clothes, do you have them?" I asked.

Craig walked over to his closet and handed them to me. "Thanks" I smiled walking away towards the bathroom.

"Towels are in the second drawer!" he yelled as I closed the bathroom door. I pulled out a towel and turn on the shower. I stripped from the pancake batter clothes and jumped in the shower. Once I finished I changed into my day old clothes and wrapped my hair in the towel. I washed my face with water and soap since I didn't have any of my things. once my hair was somewhat dry I toke the towel off my head and finger combed my hair it smelled like guy shampoo since i used Craig's axe shampoo and conditioner. I walked out and the bed was freshly made "wow clean freak much" I mumbled to myself. "what?" I heard Craig said walking back into the room"oh nothing" I chuckled.

"Well i think I should get going back at the motel" I said.

"Well why not stay? whats the rush?" responded Craig.

"I actually have something's I need to to, give me a ride?" I asked walking out his room.

"Might as well" he chuckled.

Once I finally got to the motel and went to my room I got my cheap phone out and dialed my home phone.

The ringing seemed to go on forever, finally someone picked out.

"Hello?" I heard my mothers voice but it sounded croaky like she had been crying.

"Hi mom its me Yessica" I said softly.

"What do you want?" my mom replied in a harsh tone.

"Nothing I just wanna let you know that Im fine and wanted to see how you are doing" I said to her.

"Hang up that phone woman!" I heard a man yell on the other line.

"Mom? is everything okay? who is that?" I asked in a louder tone

"Don't worry about it" she replied quickly.

"I said hang up the phone!" the man yelled sounding closer to the phone. I heard my mom shriek in pain.

"Mom!" I yelled over the phone.

"Im sorry ill listen to you next time!" my mom yelled. Im guessing to the man.

Hearing the sound if my mom shriek in pain was unbearable, I hung up the phone and hurried to grab my keys and ran out the door I sprinted out to my car and started it as fast as I could. It felt like an eternity until I got to my moms house. I didn't even park the car in the drive way right because I just got out leaving my keys in the car with it on.

Once I got to the front door I grabbed the door knob and turned it to my surprise the door was open and I ran in.

"Mom!" I yelled but I heard nothing, the house was so quiet that it gave me an eerie feeling that was until I heard some glass fall and the sound of the breakage rung through out the house. I upstairs into my moms room and there she was laying on the floor screaming as she was being abused by a man she probably didnt even know.

"Get off of her!" I yelled as I jumped on him and started punching as hard as I could. He grabbed me and threw me over him, I got the floor so hard the air escaped my lungs. He stood up and peered over my mother and I, wiped the blood that oozed from the side of his lip guessing I punched it open.

"Whatever, I don't need you bitch, you you were bad at giving me sex anyway" the man chuckled as he turned around and left.

Once I collected my self I turned to my mom.

"Mom look at you" I said with sympathy in my eyes, her lip peered open with a black eye "why do you do this to yourself?"

All she did was turn her head and cry. I held her in my arms kinda like a gentle baby. I helped her stand up and lay on her bed as i got a wet cloth to help her lip.

"listen im going to take you to tia Lena's ill get your things packed and well see from there" i said as i walked to her closet and got whatever was there since most of the clothes were thrown everywhere. I drove her to my Tia Lena's house who lived at least an hour and a half away, She said nothing the entire way there. I knocked on my aunts door, she appeared moments later after I knocked.

"Yessica?" she asked with a smile. Her hair a light caramel brown with big dark eyes, her skin was the perfect shade of light brown and her body petite.

"Hola Tia Lena" I replied as I hugged her.

"What are you doing here? how's your mom?" she asked with her accent.

"Thats why I came Tia Lena, I need your help with her for a little while, ill explain everything as soon as you come and help me get her inside yes?" I asked pointing to the car.

She gave me a funny look at first but then nodded and followed.

"Rosie!?" she asked my mother "what happen to you?!" As usual my mom said nothing. Both my aunt and I carried her inside and helped her get to one of the beds upstairs of my aunts house. When we helped my mom with her lip and eye we both walked down stairs to we could let her rest and we could talk.

"She hasn't been good Tia Lena, I left because of the problems she's been having with men and drugs. When I left I didn't call her for the longest of time but when I did there was a man who was abusing her. I went to the house and there he was hurting my mother like she was nothing but a rag doll" I said as my voice cracked and I started to tear up looking down.

"I guess all Im asking Tia Lena is if you could watch her for a little while, until I find a job and can help her on my own" I continued as I looked up to meet her face.

"Of course you can leave her to me mija, she'll be in good hands" my aunt smiled as she cupped my hands with her own.

"Here, its my cell phone number, if you ever need anything call me because you don't need to have all the responsibility of my mom" I said handing her the paper with my number on it.

"Don't worry Yessica she'll be just fine" she smiled.

We both got up and walked to the front door.

"Thank you so much tia Lena" I smiled and hugged her. I turned to my car then left.