Wasnt meant to be

I woke up at the sound of my phone ringing, I looked Over at the motel clock to find it was 7:30. My eyes widened I only had 10 minutes before I had to get to work, I ignored the phone call, hurried out of bed got my McDonald's uniform, I did a simple cat eye for make up grabbed my shoes, phone, car keys and ran out the door.

Luckily there was no traffic so I got to work just in time, I put my hair up in a messy bun then when to my drive through spot. I loved working in the mornings because everyone was in a great mood with each other.

"Hello welcome to McDonald how may I help you?" I asked through my headset while adjusting it.

"Hey can I get an egg Mcmuffin please with two French toasts and some orange juice please" said a boy and I automatically knew who it was..Craig, I suddenly became happy but tried to keep my cool, id get my chance to talk to him as soon as he comes to my drive thru window.

"Is there anything else I can get for you?"

"No" Craig said. He didnt seem like his happy self but I ignored it.

"Okay your total will be $11.12 to the second window" I said then suddenly looked at my reflection from the window to check my hair. Mindy another employee who does the cooking handed me Craig's order I took it then as I was turning around I said.

"You won't believe the crazie-" I cut myself off when I Craig kissing a girl who was in the car with him. I felt my heart drop, remembering when I called him and that amber girl picked up saying Craig was her boyfriend, was this amber in the car with him? I felt tears coming up but quickly blinked them away. i guess amber wasnt lying and i guess this was it the end of craig and i. I cleared my throat loud so they could stop making out which worked because they both bounced away from each other.

Craig turned around to face me and his face suddenly dropped, he was trying to find words to say but then the girl with him said to hurry up and grab the food, he did and paying me also as I grabbed the money he grabbed my wrist l looked at him, his face apologetic. I yanked my wrist away glaring at him, I grabbed his change and faked smiled.

"Have a nice day, hope you enjoy your meal" I said then shut the window looking away crossing my arms. When I looked back Craig was gone, I was hurt, angry, I couldn't believe Id like someone so low.

"What was that all about?" I turned to see Mindy there smirking at me in curiosity.

"Nothing, just someone I thought I liked" I said Uncrossing my arms and going back to my regular drive thru area.

"Listen Yessica I saw the way that guy looked at you when he grabbed your wrist, something's not right with him and that girl" Mindy said walking away going back to the kitchen. I looked at Mindy as she walked away I sighed and went back to my job.

The was kinda slow but maybe it was only because I was replaying of what happened with Craig, I was stressing myself out more than I needed to and it was pissing me off. When break finally came in I was happy, I swear with each customer that came I kept struggling to hold in my temper. I checked my phone to see I had 2 missed calls. One was from Craig at 7 in the morning. Why would he be calling me that early anyways? Probably that girl hes with, was sleeping so he had the chance well lools like he'll have to wait since im not talking to him anytime soon. I checked the other missed call I had, I didn't recognize the number so I called back out of curiosity. After a couple of rings someone finally picked up.