Chapter 8 ✱

Chapter 8 ✱

Kelly ✱

"Kelly, I need to know if you're alright otherwise I'm not leaving." Chris said to me.

I sighed and folded my arms over my chest.

"I'm fine, Chris. I was just going through something last night." I replied back to him.

Chris nodded his head. "It's just that you were so upset last night.." Chris stated making me smile.

It's nice to know someone truly cares about how I feel and is taking the time to help me through this.

"Chris, it's sweet how you're so worried but I'm fine. I was just thinking about Frank and when I think about Frank I just get really upset." I told him.

Chris didn't even reply before I heard a knock on my door.

I got up to go get it leaving Chris on the sofa.

"Hello?" I said just opening the door.

I should've looked out the peephole because there stood my mother.

"So I heard from Maya that you went on a date last night with some hoodlum." She stated making my mouth drop.

I haven't seen her since her party and this is the first thing she says to me.

"He's not a hoodlum and it wasn't a date. We just went out for some drinks." I told her.

She walked into my house like I invited her in.

"Yeah, right. If you go out for drinks with a guy then it was a date honey." She stated making me roll my eyes.

"If it was a date why is it any of your business?" I questioned her.

"Because I already have the perfect guy for you. Demetrius." She said making me groan at the mention of his name.

"He's boogie mom and he's also very self-centered." I said to her.

The day that Demetrius came over to my house all he did was talk about himself and how great his life is. I can't stand people who are self-centered. What's so crazy is that he made himself out to be someone completely different at the party. I thought he actually cared about me but I guess he was just acting.

"I bet he's better than that other guy." She stated making me groan.

I stood there staring at her for a minute before her eyes drifted past me.

I turned around to see Chris standing behind me.

"Uh Chris..." I was about to say something but my mother butted in.

"So you're the guy messing around with my daughter? You need to leave now." My mom demanded with an angry look on her face.

"No, he doesn't this is my house. We're not messing around either. I just met him almost a week ago." I told her.

"You barely know the man but you have him in your house." My mom stated shaking her head.

"I guess I'll just leave." Chris said making me sigh.

"Chris you don't have to. This isn't her house." I said to him.

He shook his head.

"I have to get to work anyways." He stated giving me a small smile.

I could tell he was lying.

I watched him as he put on his shoes and then slid his jacket on.

"I'll see you later, okay?" He asked coming up to me.

"There won't be no later." My mom stated.

I just ignored my mom and gave Chris a small hug.

"See you later.." I replied back to him.

He nodded his head and then turned to leave.

I watched him as opened the door and left.

I stared at the door for a couple of seconds after he left and then turned towards my mom.

"Why do you always act so rude?" I asked her.

She shrugged her shoulders.

"I know what's best for you and it's not him." She told me.

"And why isn't he what's best for me?" I asked her.

"So you're telling me there's a chance you might actually be with him?" She questioned avoiding my question.

"Stop changing the subject." I said to her.

"He's a pretty boy..he probably doesn't even want you for you. He just wants you for your goodies and you can't fall for it. I'm not allowing you to fall for it." She stated making me groan.

I walked away from her and went to my living room sofa where Chris was previously sitting. It still smells like him.

"He doesn't want me for sex mom. Besides he's just a friend right now and all I want is for someone to be there for me." I explained to her.

"I'm here for you and so is Maya so you don't need anyone else." She said making me roll my eyes.

"You both are not there for me. Y'all just want me to get over Frank and skip the grieving part." I replied back to her.

"So you think talking to some other man is gonna make you get over Frank faster." She told me.

"Nope but it's helping." I replied back to her.

My mother shook her head.

"Well if you need a male companion why can't it be Demetrius?" She asked me.

"Why are you so stuck on Demetrius?" I questioned her.

"No reason, he just has a bright future and he's perfect for you." She told me.

I see where this is headed now. She wants me to be with Demetrius because he has money and most likely can make more money in the future. I'll tell you one thing...I am not going.

"No, he's not perfect for me so stop trying to drag me into a relationship with him." I said to her.

"Well it's already too late for that because you two have a date tonight." She mumbled but I heard her loud and clear.

"Are you serious?" I asked her with my eyebrows raised.

"Very serious now get dressed." She told me.

"I'm not going." I said to her.

"Kelendria Trene Kelly Rowland if you don't get your butt upstairs and get dressed I will make sure your life ends up being a nightmare." She snapped making me give her a look.

"I wasn't asking you, I was telling you now get upstairs." She said making me groan.

I got up but before walking away I turned towards her.

"I'm not going to enjoy this date." I said to her.

"You don't have to. Just go and act like you got some sense." She told me.

I walked away making sure to stomp my feet as I walked.

____________________________________

Kelly's mom in the mm. ( Yes, I'm aware her mother passed away)

What do you guys think?

Comment below

Vote please

Follow also

Xoxo - Msfanfictional👑