Shay's sister Megan

?: gabby
I turned around and saw it was Megan(shays sister)
Gabby; megan
She walked over and hugged me, everyone walked over to her and hugged her.
Boden walked out
Boden: hey Megan
She turned around
Jessica: hey chief
He hugged her
Boden: dawson can I just see you in my office for a second
I agreed and followed chief to his office and shut his door behind me
Boden: you set for today?
I nodded
Boden; thank you for doing this gabby.
Gabby: of course chief..
He smiled and nodded. I walked out of his office and towards the locker room and saw Brett and Megan talking in the hallway.
Megan: so my hotel just canceled on me, do you know anyplace i could stay tonight that isn't expensive?
Gabby: you can stay with me.
Megan: you sure gabby?
Gabby: yes of course, and Brett can stay the night to. We can have some kind of girls night.
They both agreed and Megan hugged me. Herman walked up to us and told is that we had to start getting ready. We smiled at Megan and walked off.
We headed out to the front of the firehouse where everyone was lined up and the trucks were out with flags.
Megan walked out
Boden: I have a love hate relationship with these ceremonies, each one reminds me that we have lost a member of this family, Leslie shay was a great paramedic there are no words that can fill the hole that she left. the woman who rode along side her from her first to her last day Gabriella dawson would like to say some words.
I looked up and took a deep breath and walked over to where chief was standing.
Gabby: a lot has changed at 51 since losing shay, we have welcomed in new friends, we got a new rigg, and a dream of mine came true..
I looked out the cornor of my eye at Matt
Gabby: but here's what hasn't changed. This house. This family. It's all as strong as it ever was. Stronger even. Because I think, Um I think that deep down
I started getting chocked up
Gabby: in the quiet moments we think to ourselves shay would want us to be better, she would want us to lean on eachother and she would want us to represent her every time we go out
I looked at Megan and a tear rolled down my cheek.
Gabby: you had such an amazing sister Megan, and I'm so lucky to have been her friend.
I cracked a smiled over at Megan and walked back to my place in line. Then one of the chief walked a flag over to Boden.
Boden: 51 will always be Leslie shays home. People in it will always be her family... DETAIL. DE TENT HUNT. PRESENT ARMS.
we lifted out arms and more tears rolled down my face, the three bells went off.
Boden: HONOR ARMS
Kelly went over to the rigg and pulled the purple cloth off and it showed the engravement that was on there for Leslie.
Boden: FALL OUT.
Everyone broke out of line, most went to hug each other. I was just frozen in my spot. I bit the side of my cheek and stared at the rigg, another tear fell down my face. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around, it was Matt.
Matt: you okay gabby?
I nodded
Gabby: yea im good....
I looked at Matt and cracked a smile and walked back towards the house.
The second shift started coming in, we all walked to the locker room and changed out. I walked over to Megan.
Gabby; hey Megan
She walked up and hugged me tight
Megan: thank you so much for what you said today. It meant a lot to me and I know shay would have appreciated it to.
She hugged me tighter and tears rolled down my face and I hugged her back.  Couple seconds later we released from our hug and laughed about how stupid we looked.
Gabby: want us to drive you back to my place?
Megan nodded
Megan: let me just grab my stuff
Gabby: of course.
She walked off and Matt walked up to me
Matt: gab, you sure you're okay?
I nodded
Gabby; I am, promise.
Matt: I'm so proud of you babe.
Gabby: really?
He nodded
Matt: I really am.
He pulled me in and hugged and kissed my forehead and then we started walking out to the truck.
Gabby: Matt..
I stopped and looked up at him
Gabby: tonight Megan and Brett are coming over and staying over my place for the weekend were gonna do a girls weekend...
Matt: okay thats good gab, I was gonna tell you that Kelly asked me to go away for the weekend but wasn't going to go if you didn't want me to....
I looked up at him
Gabby: no you should go with him definitely, he deserves this and so do you.
Matt nodded
Matt: you're gonna be okay?
I nodded
Gabby: I'll be fine Matt, I got Brett and Megan. go out with Kelly. Have fun.
I smiled
Gabby: but behave
I pointed my finger at him and giggled.
Matt; of course!
He giggled and pulled me in and he pecked a kissed on my lips.
Gabby: can you drive Megan and I back to my place, since you did drive me here!
Matt nodded
Matt: yea of course!
Megan started walking back over to us with her bags
Matt: here I'll take them
He took the bags from Megan and we walked to his truck, he drove us to my house and let us out, Megan grabbed her bags and I walked over to matts side
Gabby: you guys have fun this weekend, aye Megan keep an eye on this one!
Gabby: hey
I hit him playfully
Megan: don't worry I will
I heard her laugh in the background.
I leaned in and kissed Matt
Matt: I'll call you tomorrow!
Gabby: okay love you
Matt: love you to baby
He smiled and I backed away from the truck and he drove off, Megan and I walked inside my place and settled down and waited for Brett.
--------------------------
Matt pov:
I got back to my place, I went inside and took a quick shower and packed for this weekend, I packed light. Then I got a text from Kelly saying he was on his way to pick me up.
Kelly got to my house beeped his horn, I grabbed my bag and my jacket and locked my door and hopped in his car. It took us 3 hours to get to the hotel, once we got there we crashed on the beds and woke up the next morning. Kelly was already to go out and got the bars, all he wanted was to get drunk and I was so down for it to. I was going to call gabby but it was still kind of early and I didn't want to wake her so I decided to wait.
Kelly and I got dressed and headed downstairs to grab breakfast.
-----------------------------
Gabby pov;
I woke up and walked downstairs to Brett and Megan up watching the news. It was weird not being with Matt for once..
Brett: it says it's going to rain today
Megan; it kind of ruins all of our plans for the day.....
Brett: we can go to the mall and go shopping and then catch a movie later on?
Gabby: I like that idea, not to crazy. I just want to have fun and get our minds off of everything that's been happening!
Megan: sounds perfect!
Gabby: I'm gonna start some breakfast
Brett: she makes the best eggs
Brett gestured to Megan
Megan: great can't wait to try them!
I smiled and walked to the kitchen. I made breakfast and then we all took showers and got dressed. We left the house around 3ish and headed to the mall.
----------------------------
Matt pov(it's around 4pm now):
It's already 4:00 and Kelly and I are already pretty much drunk. We've been at the bar watching the game and drinking since 1. We just ordered more food, met up with some old friends from the academy who were down here. They brought their girls with them, we were having so much fun. All that mattered was Kelly was having fun, he's been going through such a hard time with shay being gone an being able to be there for him through this meant a lot, I smiled to myself
Kelly: hey another one Matt?
Matt: uh yea sure
I said and smiled
Matt: why not!
I smiled again and drank more of my beer and the guys were getting ready to order shots.
---------------------------
Gabby pov: (around 8ish now)
we just got done with our movie and we were walking out trying to decide what to get to eat. I then realized that Matt never ended up calling me and I got kind of worried. He told me he would call he probably forgot, he's probably having fun with the guys but it still worried me.
I looked at my phone an had no missed calls, no text messages.
Gabby: I'm gonna go to the bathroom, be right back'
I smiled and walked into the bathroom and tried calling Matt. He didn't answer, I left a voice message and tried calling him a couple more times and then finally gave up and texted him "hey babe, just wanted to check in. You're probably out with the guys but wanted to make sure everything is good. Hope you're not having to much fun without me... I miss and Love you!"
I walked out and Brett and Megan walked up to me
Brett: good?
I nodded and we headed to a restaurant down the street, we are dinner and have a couple drinks but nothing crazy.
--------------------------------
Matt pov: (10pm)
It was getting really late, we were all so drunk, honestly didn't even know what was going on. More people started showing up. Kelly was flirting with these girls and he called me over. Everything was such a blur. The last thing I remembered was going back to some girls place with Kelly.....