Chapter 33

"I felt ill at ease with all this air about me, lost before the confusion of innumerable prospects."
- Samuel Beckett

°°°

Alex (girl)

"Nagkakagusto ako sa girlfriend niya,"

Ugh!! I don't want to hear it again! Galit na galit ako sa kanya kasi nagkagusto siya sa akin. Of all people?

And now I'm stuck here trying to think of what to do next. Ano bang pinag-uusapan nila na nasa alanganin ako?

Na nangyari na to noon? At kay Selena? What do they mean by that? Na may namagitan kina Alex at Selena noon? And that I'm next?

Kevin sees Selena in me like how Alex sees me in Maxine. Why do I make Kevin remember Selena in me and why on earth would Alex see me in Maxine? And that they're sisters?

What is happening with Alex's parents? I want to know all of these. I want an explanaition, I want to know the truth. But I didn't want to come near him.

Oddest part is that I feel okay with Kevin's feelings towards me. I know I'm angry at him but I don't feel mad over his feelings.

I feel ill at ease about it. Maybe it has to do something with all of the things I wanted to know kaya parang wala lang yun sa akin. But it's really odd for me for staying so calm about it.

It's already 3 am but I still can't sleep. I want to hear Alex's voice, is he asleep? Will he pick up?

I reached my phone on my side table and dialed his number.
He picked up on the second ring;

"Hi," his voice is so low and raspy. "How are you?" He continued. I smiled at his tone and how he greeted me.

"Are you asleep?" I asked, obviously. "Did I wake you?" I continued.

"No baby, it's okay. Answer me, how are you?" he prodded, I can hear his smile spreading on his face.

"I'm good, I just can't sleep. I wanted to hear your voice. Maybe it'll help?" I asked him.

"Ofcourse it would, I love you," he simply say.

I can feel my heart beating so wildly against my chest. Hearing those words still makes my insides flutter.

"I love you too," I responded.

"Tanggalin mo yung too, parang kasi sobrang obligated ka pag ganun," he suggested.

"I love you," I corrected, grinning like an idiot closing my eyes.

"Always?" He asked.

"Always," I echoed.

--

7 am

I opened my eyes and smiled, that phone call a few hours ago was the best phone call I have ever had.

I love playful Alex as much as I love his serious side. Last night he told me something about his hobbies, his likes and dislikes just like before. Nothing changed except for the fact that he has already someone who he can hold on and depend to, just as he said.