Chapter 1

"Hello everyone and welcome to this years Test.

I hope you all understand why this was created.

Centuries ago an uprising was cast over the all powerfull Capitol

bringing a tragic end to the beloved 12 districts. Now that the

Capitol has regained power and now the punishment has gotten worse.

Each year the 19 districts must send the upcoming or already 16 year olds

to compete on seeing what strengths and weaknesses they have. The child

with the least weaknesses has a chance of returning home or may come to the Capitol

to be treated as a hero. The rest must leave their districts and find a new home.

Please enjoy the 4 week series, but don't get too attached they aren't promised another

day."

I didn't pay attention to Javien's stupid speech about the yearly Test. It's terrible, kids are torn from their old homes and taken to different ones. It's sick.

"Week One is always the easiest. It's to get to know all of your personal personalities." Javien said into the cameras as we stood present "listening" to him go on and on with the same speech we've heard since we could understand.

"Good Luck to you all and let Ms. Everdeen be ever in your favor."

My true mother. Yeah I know, I probably won't survive because of it, she left me with Mother so I wouldn't get targetted and I've never told anyone about it. It's a surprise no one has noticed, I can shoot a arrow just like her and I could be her twin.

"Now all of you leave. You don't deserve one look at me. Goodbye."

Good Luck to you and let my mother be ever in your favor.