Chapter 34: Denny's

Start from the beginning

"Ok!" Spencer said happily.

"I'm going to go change real quickly." I ran upstairs to my room and chose my black crop top, some jean shorts, my white slip on Vansand tied a sweatshirt around my waist.

Running back down the stairs, immediately Spencer and Holden both shook their heads.

"We're just going out to breakfast, you don't need to be wearing something nice." Holden said while Spencer said...

"You are not wearing that! Guys will stare at your stomach!" Spencer yelled.

"Fine." I sighed in defeat and walked back up.

I changed again and chose a t-shirt dress with some knee-high black boots. Just to annoy them, I smirked evilly to myself and went back down.

"What is that?!" Spencer yelled.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Too much of you leg is showing and are you wearing shorts under that dress thing?" He said madly.

"So?" I asked.

"Change into something casual or we won't go to Denny's." Holden said glaring at me. Was he threatening me with Denny's?

"Ugh" I groaned and ran back up.

This time I chose my loose pink sweatshirt with the words 'American Rebel', some jeans, some pink slip-ons. I swear, if they make one remark about this outfit, I'm running away. Walking back downstairs, I saw Spencer ready to open his mouth to make some remark, probably about my bra strap.

"I swear, if one of you has something to say about this, I'm leaving and going Jace's." I said Jace's just to quiet Spencer.

"Ok, shall we go?" Spencer said hurriedly.

"Sure, I'd love to." I grinned annoyed.

"We're going to Denny's." Holden told Spencer.

"Sounds good!" He smiled.

We all got into Holden's car; Holden and I being in front while Spencer sat in the back. Me being me, I blasted the music once I turned it on. As the boys continued laughing at me, we had finally reached Denny's making me stop singing. I unbuckled my seatbelt and raced into the line, the boys following behind me.

"Jeez Samara! I've never seen you run so fast." Spencer pointed out, catching his breath.

"Hey, I like my Denny's." I said stubbornly and crossed my arms over my chest."

"You're pretty cute when you're being stubborn." Spencer said and tapped my nose.

"Why thank you." I smiled cheekily.

"So, I'm dying to know. Are y'all together again or not?" Holden asked.

"No, we're just choosing to be friends and we'll see where that leads us." Spencer shrugged his shoulders.

"Ok, cool." Holden nodded in understanding.

"But I swear, if you hurt her again, you're a dead man." Holden glared at him. 0-100 real quick.

"Wasn't planning on it." Spencer shook his head.

"Good."
******
"This is so good!" I moaned while stuffing my face with pancakes.

"I know what else could make you moan." Spencer chucked and whispered in my ear while Holden went to the bathroom to wash his hands.

I instantly had a cough attack and my face became flushed. Knowing what to do I smacked him upside the head.

"You freak!" I whisper-yelled at him.

"But it was funny." He said rubbing the back of his neck, making his arms flex and laughing.

"No." I spit out, while staring at his arms. Damn him! He had to be wearing a muscle shirt!

"See something you like!" He smirked and started to flex his arms even more.

"No, stop being so conceited." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"The places that tongue could be..." He started and glanced down at his body.

"Ew you creep!" I crunched my face in disgust.

"All I meant was your food silly. You're so dirty-minded." He said sarcastically and rolled his eyes like I was the weird one.

"Sure..." My voice laced with sarcasm.

"What's I miss?" Holden came out of nowhere and sat down.

"Nothing." I said awkwardly and stirred in my seat.

"Are you sure?" He glanced at the two of us, curiosity in his eyes.

"Yes." I said quickly.

Way to make it obvious Samara!
*******
I think it's so cute that Holden's overprotective! I wish I had an older brother like that! Like he would invite cute college friends over and then they'd be playing video games, but secretly one of the guys is staring at me. Ok, I may have overthought this subject😂 it's just goals and then my overprotective, older brother would get overprotective of me and get mad at his friend. Ok, I'm done.