00.01

word count; 1,786

[edited]

+ Her brown eyes, dilated as the drug slips into her veins filling her body with such an airy feeling. They watch the smoke, grow thick then fade into the think curvy streaks disappearing into the thin air. The Earth grumbles beneath her, a storm passing by-- rain splatters onto the concrete creating a smooth rhythm that fills her ears.

Inhaling, once more from the thick brown joint before shoving the tip against the glass ashtray. She can already feel the cool air seeping from her open window, it feels so good on her skin.

Her bare feet patter down the carpeted stairs, swinging the door open as the cold air engulfs her body almost pulling her outside. Welcoming her, as the colors of the wind brush through her thick mess of a hair.

Brown eyes look upon the falling rain, as well as the thick clouds roam above her. The moon shining strongly onto the Earth creating a calm, well rested aroma throughout the suburban neighborhood.

Feet scuff against the sidewalk, which catches her attention. Her eyes squinting as she sees a familiar face. Her son's neighbor, she can't recall his name but she's knows his face. Soft dark brown curls and a thin figure.

"Hey," She calls, as he paces at the steps of his home. He looks up, a cigarette placed between his lips.

"Are you alright?" August asks, looking up-- beginning to get wet from the rain. Soaking into her thin clothing.

"Um.. I'm actually locked out of my home." He sighs, flicking the cigarette away.

"You don't have a phone?" August asks, feet stepping down the stairs.

"It's in my house, my parents are gone... in New York." He shivers, lips a faint tint of purple.

"Well, come in. I can let you use the phone and stuff." August nods

Harry sighs, thanking her as he walks in. She then realizes that his clothes are soaking wet, she taps his shoulder after closing and locking her front door.

"Here, use the phone then go upstairs to take a warm shower. I'll wash and dry your clothes, I think I've got some new boxers and t shirts and stuff." August nods

"You've got a husband?" He asks

"No, I just like the texture of the material." August shrugs

"Where's the phone?" He asks

"Oh right when you walk into the kitchen, on the left." August nods

Harry walks where she directed him, "Hello?" His mother answers

"Yeah? Mom?" Harry sighs

"What is it, honey? Are you alright?" She asks

"Yes, I just got locked out of the house. I'm with our neighbor August." Harry explains

"Oh, the girl who comes over every year to help with the bake sale. Yes August Cortez." Anne nods, smacking her lips.

"I just wanted to let you know and where I am, if anything goes wrong I know what to do. Please enjoy your honeymoon and I love you." Harry sighs

"Are you sure, because I can call Aunt Jamie to come get you?" Anne coughs

"No thank you, I think I'll hit up Niall. Love you, bye." He hangs up, walking towards the living room where August sits in a wet long t shirt. Along with her black fat cat beside her, munching on whatever is on the couch.