Nine

"Let me see that again." I handed Bella my phone, showing her the text message that kept me up all night. I haven't told Ethan yet, only because I don't want him to worry. "And you have no idea who sent you this?" She placed the phone on my bed, watching me intently. I could almost see the fear in her eyes. Why was she scared? I'm the one who was being attacked. "Well I mean I have an idea, but I don't think she would make it that obvious." Her eyebrows furrowed as she shifted in her seat. "Who do you think it was??" I sighed, sitting int he seat beside her. I haven't told her about Maggie yet. I haven't even told her about Ethan yet. This whole text message thing was fucking me up.

"You beat the shit out of her?!" a huge smile planted on her face as she yelled at me. "It kind of just happened." I could tell she was proud of me, but it still made me feel shitty about beating someone up. "What did she do?" she looked so amused. I laughed at her eagerness. "She just had that bitch face on and then she followed me and Ethan out into the parking lot and asked him if he found me in Walmart, told him he could have done better, then told me I was a hit it and quit it." Her laughter filled the open space around us. I still haven't even unpacked my clothes yet. "I've wanted to beat her up for years. So thanks for that." She got up off my bed and headed towards the door. "You want something to drink? I'm grabbing a water?" I smiled at her generosity. I was lucky to have someone like her. She got me. "Sure, thanks."

I stared at the message trying to think of anyone other than Maggie who would have some sort of grudge over me. Then it hit me. It wasn't Maggie who sent me that message. I knew exactly who it was. "Bella" i screamed running down the stairs, the fear was evident in my voice. "Whats wrong, where are you going?" She threw the water bottles on the kitchen counter, following me out the front door. "I have to find Ethan, I have to tell him what's going on." I couldn't let this go on anymore, we had to nip this in the bud. My life could be on the line here. "Selena what is wrong." Finally catching up to me, she pulled my arm spinning me around to face her. "I know who sent me the message, it wasn't Maggie. It was my ex boyfriend." Her mouth fell open as I stared at her, tears in my eyes.

"How come you never told me about him?" I stared at her blankly. She just needed to let go so I could go tell Ethan. "I never thought he would be a problem, once I moved I thought he would just leave me alone." She gripped my arm tighter, not letting me go. "Please, I need to tell Ethan, now." I ripped my arm from her grip and started to run towards Ethan's house. "You better text me, you have a lot of explaining to do!" She yelled after me. First I have to tell Ethan.

I pounded on the door, I can't waste anymore time. "Hey Sele-" "Where's Ethan?" I pushed past Grayson in a panic. I feel like I'm gonna throw up. "He's in the kitchen, what's wrong?" He followed close at my heels as I ran into the kitchen. "Baby, what's wrong?" Ethan ran up to me immediately noticing something was wrong. I couldn't hold the tears back anymore. "He's after me Ethan, he's gonna find me." The words spilled from my lips as more of a cry. I felt like an idiot, but I was scared. "What the hell are you talking about?!" Grayson came up to me, opposite of Ethan. "My ex boyfriend, he's gonna kill me." I couldn't help the sobs that escaped my mouth. "Okay okay, you need to calm down and explain." Ethan pulled me over to the couch, along with the help of Grayson.

"A few weeks before I left my old town, my boyfriend started to get overprotective and creepy, telling me that if I ever found anyone else that he would kill me and them. He had some serious issues that I knew about when we dated, I just figured that I could help him, I didn't think that it would make it worse. And now he's after me, I know he is." My words were broken, fear filled the room. I looked up at Ethan through my blurry water-filled eyes. "Shhh, you don't know he's after you baby, you'll be okay." He pulled me closer to him. He made me feel so safe, but I was still so scared. What if Jacob were to do something to him? I couldn't live with myself. "Yes I do know he's after me E. I got a message from him last night. I thought it was from Maggie but then I realized she wouldn't make it as obvious. It's from Jacob Ethan, I know it is."