Chapter 16: Silence

After working hard at GQ Aja walked down to the park to meet with Sonya, instead of her hotel room. If anything were to go down it would be where everyone would see. Aja had every intention on coming to her as a woman but if she wanted to something started then Aja was prepared. Her hair was pulled back and shoes were changed. Aja checked the time on her phone as she waited patiently.

"Hey you Aja,right? I'm Tamika, Sonya's friend." Tamika said while sitting next to her.

"Umm. Hi, where is Sonya?" Aja asked before looking at Tamika.

"That bitch ain't coming she's too busy trying to get fucked up but she did tell me to give you this." She handed over a note. "Aight well... I'm gonna go find this bitch before she does something stupid and make sure you read that note." Aja watched her leave.

Aja sat for a few minutes until Tamika was no longer in her sight. She couldn't trust Sonya's friend for all she knew that crazy lady could've been hiding in the bushes ready to attack. She stuffed the note in her pocket and walked in the direction of the hotel.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Kyrie had just finished at practice and headed to pick up Sasha and his mother from a birthday party. He couldn't get out the car fast enough without Sasha tackling him. His mother laughed and took an opportunity to take a picture.

"Daddy I missed you." Sasha said as he hissed from his now sore backside. "That party was not fun at all even Nana said so." Joanne nodded as she put the goody bags and cake in the car.

"I missed you too baby girl but can you let daddy up cause his body is really sore from practice today and the party could've been that bad." He said before kissing her cheek.

Sasha allowed him to get up and jumped in the car with a little assistance from Daddy. Joanne buckled Sasha's seatbelt then closed the back door.

"Any function that the Chadwick's have again don't invite us okay? I slept like a baby the whole time." She waved her sunglasses around as she spoke.

"Y'all are terrible." Kyrie shook his head and started the car up. "What are we eating for dinner?" He looked in the rear view mirror at Sasha.

"I know! How about me and Nana make you some spahzgetti when we get home?" Kyrie chuckled at her pronunciation.

"I can't turn down mama's spaghetti especially if my baby girl helps." Kyrie started the car.

"Well let's stop by the store really quick I need to get all of the things we need cause I don't know what kind of shopping you did but a pantry full of snacks isn't considered food." He sighed listening to his mother go off ona tangent as he pulled out of the driveway.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Tamika entered a nearby pizzeria where Sonya sat eating a slice. She did her part of the deal and all she wanted was her money but she knew it wasn't going to be easy.

"You gave her the note or what?" Sonya asked before taking a biting her pizza.

"Yeah. Can I get my money so I can go? I have shit to do." Tamika snapped.

"Bitch you better get take that fuck base out of your voice before I smack the fuck out of you." Sonya said with a grin plastered on her face.

"Sonya, you better be lucky I'm not trying to go back to jail or else I-" Tamika's blood was boiling but she knew there was nothing she could do.

"What you gon' do, huh?" Sonya watched as Tamika rolled her eyes. "Exactly, now since you got so much mouth...I need you to do one more thing and then I'm done with you." She wiped her hands and slid an envelope across the table. "Warn that bitch that I don't play about mine." Tamika frowned.

"Uh-Uh, Sonya... I'm not getting blood on my hands for you. I can't do this." She backed away.

"I guess I'll let ya' parole officer know that Tamika Robins is out here with her brace o-" Tamika covered her mouth quickly then removed them.

"Aight! Shit. How bad of a warning?" Tamika asked nervously.

Sonya looked around before responding. "Dead that bitch and I'll handle the rest." Tamika's eyes widened.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

After Aja spoke with Kyrie, Sasha and Joanne, she'd put her phone back on the charger and turn her lights out. She drew the covers back the heard light knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" She asked before looking through the peephole.

No one answered. Aja shook the negative thoughts and opened the door.

"Wh-" Her words were silenced as she took an unexpected blow to her head.

To be continued...
Don't forget to comment and vote.😊