before anything else could be said micah spoke." stop it. stop fighting with grandpa" he cried.

"micah i told you- i dont care hes my grandpa no matter what" he said stubbornly.

i swear micah took after me in every aspect except his attitude. he was hard headed like his mother.

i sigh." just leave robert" i said quietly.

"fine but we're not finished with this conversation " robert said. i remained quiet as i watched him leave.

...............................

"are you guys hungry" i said focusing on the road.

"no i just want mommy" micah whined.

"me too" the twins said.

i feel like the ultimate shitty parent right now." okay ill take you guys home"

............................

Angel's pov

after spending the day with odell i made it home around 7

after spending the day with odell i made it home around 7. i was exhausted from all the shopping we did for our hawaii trip.

just as i was putting the last item away i heard a key turning in the lock. i knew it had to be king.

"hey. did you have fun with daddy?" i asked micah.

he frowned at me and ran to his room. i looked at king in confusion." whats wrong with micah? " i asked.

king sighed." hes mad because me and uncle robert was arguing and i told him he wasnt his grandfather anymore " he said.

"first of all where were you that you saw robert?" i questioned.

" i was showing the kids my tattoo shop and he showed up" he explained.

i shook my head. theres always some drama with those two." look king you know how sensitive micah is. he doesnt like to see fighting or drama. your setting a bad exanple for him, i dont want him growing up thinking that type of behavior is acceptable" i said.

" i know angel. it wasnt on purpose i just got so mad seeing his face" he said.

" i understand that but you have to realize you have three kids you have to set an example for" i told him.

"i said ok. i dont need you to keep lecturing me, i have enough people on my back already" he snapped.

i looked at king nervously, i could tell he was stressed about alot more then uncle robert.

"king you seem very stressed lately. maybe you need to get away for a little while" i suggested.

king sighed and rubbed his face." im fine angel. i can handle it" he mumbled.

"well in that case i have something i wanna discuss with you" i said nervously.

"what is it?"

i took a deep breath." odell wants to take me and micah to hawaii" i blurted out.

king stared blankly at me." well isnt he thoughtful. too bad you and micah wont be going " he said casually.

"king ive thought about it and i really wanna go. plus i know micah would love it" i said.

" im not letting that asshole take my kid anywhere. if anybody's gonna take him on a trip its gonna be me and you or my family" he said.

i sigh." fine king. but im still going. i guess you can keep micah while im away" i said.

"you cant be serious. angel i dont want you to go. this asshole is just trying to win your affections with money and your just letting him" king said.

" so now im a gold digger. nice to know" i said sarcastically.

"im not saying that. all im saying is you shouldn't be leading this guy on, me and you both know where your heart lies" he said.

"im not leading him on... king i think i love odell" i whispered.

king froze. " what did you just say?" he said quietly.

i hesitate before repeating my words." i think i love odell"

the look on king's face made think he was two seconds away from hitting me. " wow... so now you love him? this is unbelievable " he said dangerously calm.

the way king was acting brought me back to the past when he use to get so mad he would put his hands on me.

as i opened my mouth to speak king cut me off." dont bother. theres nothing you can say that will make it better. i just need to leave before i end up blacking out and hitting your ass" he said turning around.

"king please dont leave in this condition. you need to calm down before you go" i said.

"calm for what? the love of my life just told me she loves another man. i dont think i can be calm right now" he said.

i was speechless. i didnt know how to respond to that." you know what angel your free to love whoever you want i really dont give a fuck. imma just do me and imma start by fucking some bitch to blow off some steam" he said bitterly.

my temper flared instantly." really king?! your being childish right now. you know sleeping with other girls is gonna hurt me" i said.

king smirked and shrugged his shoulders. " theres no reason for you to be mad. you got the man that you love remember" he said.

before i could say anything king stormed out.

.............................

King's pov

"keep the shots coming" i shouted to the bartender.

" rough night? " a voice said. i turned to the side and saw a woman smiling at me.

hmm maybe i will be getting laid after all." i guess you can say that. but i really dont want to talk about it. im more interested to know if you wanna come home with me" i said bluntly.

i expected her to smack me because lets be honest i deserve it. the mystery woman licked her lips and smiled.

" sure i could use a stress reliever my self" she said.

i smiled." cool. im king by the way"

" hi king. im holly"

Holly

vote and comment

vote and comment