On Case Studies and Seokkie

Okay I must sound like a total nerd writing this stuff here but I don't really care. I just discovered something amazing.

I had this case study for a certain subject and I chose the topic, genetic mutation.

Okay, so I'm such a geek because I really love biology. It just has a special place in my heart. (Literature is still the one for me tho.)

While doing my research, I discovered something very interesting.

To all DK stans out there this one's for you.

So to those who don't know, Seokkie's blood type is RH-O

Most of us already know the 8 blood types (A, B, AB, O, negative and positive) but in reality, there are 35 recorded blood types as of present

Most of us already know the 8 blood types (A, B, AB, O, negative and positive) but in reality, there are 35 recorded blood types as of present. Yes, the rarest blood types are included.

Seokkie's blood group, The RH-null blood group, is a result of genetic mutation. It is in which, the DNA sequence is altered resulting to missing antigens. The RH-null blood group does not contain any RH antigens.

Antigens are proteins on the surface of blood cells that can cause a response from the immune system. Meanwhile, The RH antigen is a type of protein on the surface of red blood cells.

Seokkie's blood group is really rare. There are only 40 people around the world who is in the RH-null blood group as of current studies. Seokkie's blood type, RH-O is part of the RH-null blood group.

The O blood group is considered as the "universal blood" since almost all blood groups can accept blood donations from this blood group.

However, take note of the word ALMOST.

Remember, ALMOST is never enough.

Charz.

Kidding aside, some rare blood types that have lacking antigens cannot accept blood donations from the O blood group.

Meanwhile, the RH-null blood group, since it does not have any RH antigens, is compatible to ALL blood groups. Studies show that even the rarest blood types can accept blood donations that are from the RH-null blood group.

Therefore, it's dubbed as the "golden blood".

However, as it might be compatible to all blood types, there are only 9 people worldwide who have blood types that belong to the RH-null blood group that can donate blood as of current studies. That's why blood donations from this blood group is limited to emergency cases concerning very rare blood types.

With this facts, I can prove that Seokkie does not only have a golden voice, but also golden blood. (And golden teeth jk)

This just piles up to the things that make Seokkie precious.

Though Seokkie may have "golden blood", there are only 9 people worldwide who can donate their blood in case Seokkie needs it. (Gawds simbako intawn)

So carrot-deul let us pray for the safety of our ray of sunshine, also for all the Seventeen members.

For whoever might end up with Lee Seokmin in the future, please treasure him with all your heart and soul.

There is a great chance that Seokkie's children will inherit his blood type since paternal genes are stronger, especially for male offsprings.

Seokkie's son will be precious like his dad.

However, Seokkie's children will also have high chances of genetic mutation and not all effects of genetic mutation are positive.

Nope, genetic mutation will not make the phenotype acquire supernatural powers like the X-Men. (Such a bummer, I know)

There are positive effects of genetic mutation but most effects are negative. The phenotype is extremely lucky when no change will be noticed or that there are no changes at all.

Most genetic mutations lead to health disorders like Sickle cell anemia.

So to whoever Seokkie might end up someday, please do love all of Seokkie. All his imperfections and flaws included.

Also, please accept all the consequences that would come if you would bear Seokkie's offspring. Being with Seokkie can be tough. You need to take care of him, and his offspring.

When you love Seokkie, prepare to risk it all.

To all Seokkie stans, Seokkie is really precious, he really deserves all the love.

Kudos to this precious bby

He needs more love guys.

Seokkie is talented. Seokkie is a walking ray of sunshine. Seokkie is precious. Seokkie needs more love. Love Seokkie.

사랑해요 이석민♡

Woobaby is still the one for me,

Elle.

***

Manang notsparky eto 'yung sinasabi ko. Ahe ahe.