quattuor;four

I wake up in the morning feeling hot and sweaty, causing me to let out a loud sigh. I sat up, and look out to my window, sunlight bursting into my room and I frowned.

"Shit!" I huffed as I grab my phone, the number 9:58 AM blaring against my eyes.

My eyes widened in alarm and I quickly strip out of my previous clothes. I put on a black shirt, black ripped skinny jeans, and a pair of sneakers I didn't know I owned. I run my fingers through my hair and run out of my room, not forgetting to lock it. I rush downstairs not even taking any breakfast with me.

You might be wondering, why do I even bother to go to school when I'm already SOOOO late? Well the answer is, because I want to.

School is never my favorite place, but it is somewhere I can smile and laugh, somewhere I can socialize, somewhere I can focus on other things besides my mother's brutal abuse. Plus, I can get a scholarship if I try hard enough, I want to get out of this hellhole and move in to Los Angeles, where I can hopefully pursue my dream as an artist.

Yes, I love singing. I only sing at school, when I have spare time. Alongside Michael and Calum, the school's guitar is my best friend. It made me feel like I belong somewhere, it gives me hope that someday my life will get better. But I don't dare, never will I, hope too high. For falling down is something I'm not ready for.

I snap out of my trance as I run to school, it didn't take me long. I saw the locked gates and sighed before grabbing onto one of the small mailbox attached onto the wall beside the gates and jumped up. I jumped over the lamp post and landed in the other side of the gate. I didn't bother to look at the security who looked amused, I just run into the building and into my class, Math.

I open the door forcefully and it created a loud bang, as it bounces onto the wall behind it and back onto me.

Straight. Onto. My. Face.

I let out a yelp and fall backward as I held my nose, landing on my butt. I groaned as the other kids in the classroom snicker, some amused on what they had just seen.

"Genesis, it's nice seeing you finally attend my class," The teacher said and I rolled my eyes.

"That's only because you were never here, Mrs. Hemmings," I said lowly as I stood up and rubbed my nose.

"Detention afterschool with me!" She shouted at me as she scribbled some words on the detention slip.

"Detention my ass afterschool," I mumbled, a little too loud, because Mrs. Hemmings just had to bang her book on the table.

"1 week," She snared at me.

I sighed and walk to the very back of the class where I sat down near a window. I looked out the gloomy weather and bit my pencil, not even paying attention to what my teacher is explaining.

-

Math, Geography, and Chemistry went by pretty quickly and it was now lunch. I grab my tray full of food; mashed potatoes, a burger, and a can of soda, before walking to my table. I should've known better better to not eat at the cafeteria. Because as soon as I turn around to walk, I crashed into something, I crashed into a wall, oh wait no, I crashed onto the floor, I fell. I sighed and looked up to see a barbie, I mean, uhm, Candice. 

"Can you be any more clumsy?" She chuckled in her high-pitched voice as the whole cafeteria becomes silent.

"Shut up Candice," I groaned as I got on all fours.

She apparently had another plan, she stepped on my hand with her 5 inch heels, no, more like stabbed. I scream in pain as she twist her heel, enjoying the person in pain under her. I grit my teeth and using my other hand, I grab her ankle and forcefully twist it onto a funny angle. She gasped before letting out a scream, and I massage my hand before finally standing up.

"You bitch!" She shouts out loud.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I slung my backpack on my shoulder.

I turned around, my back facing her and was about to step away until a hand placed itself on my shoulder. Turning around, I balled my hand into a fist and without any hesitation, I swung my fist onto her face.

Except, it wasn't Candice's face.

It was Luke's.