I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this. My heart insisted. 

Shut up. You have to do this. You don't get a choice. My mind screamed. 

I finally reached the large double doors, and stood silently in front of them, as Aizen instructed me, waiting on them to be opened, as they would be when the time came for my grand entrance. 

I closed my eyes, holding back tears, and pictured everything that had happened since I arrived at Hueco Mundo; everything that I had overcome. That was all this was, just another obstacle. I could do this. I had to do this. I pictured Grimmjow slipping into my bedroom window in the world of the living. I pictured him creeping through my bedroom in the middle of the night, and pointing his blade at me. I remember thinking that I should be terrified, but I was too mesmerized by his beauty in the moonlit night. 

A single tear rolled down my cheek, and I quickly composed myself as the double doors were slowly opened by two fraccion. I walked forward, unable to force a smile, I wore a blank face, as did every other arrancar in the room. Not even Gin was smiling, not tonight. The only one who smiled was Aizen, as he tiumphantly stared me down. I was nothing but a trophy to him. Something he could place on a shelf, and gloat about to his guests. I clenched my teeth and tried to distract myself with happy thoughts. 

I thought of the first time I met Gin. Sweet, always smiling Gin. I thought of how he had been one of my first real friends here in Los Noches. I recalled his funny inappropriate jokes that always made my face heat up. I smiled at the thought of his sweet and caring, yet passionate kisses. Soon I frowned as I realized I may never feel any kisses but Aizen's again. 

I glanced around the room and spotted Ulquiorra, His face was emotionless, as always, but tonight there was an extra emptiness to his gaze, just as it was for everyone I loved in this room. I thought of first meeting Ulquiorra, and how I thought there must be no feeling in his heart. I was so glad when I finally cracked the shell and saw a spot of light shining through him. I shuddered thinking of how he was a man of few words, so he showed his emotions through his actions. I thought of his cold, pale fingers gliding across my skin. His rough lips at the crook of my neck. 

I shook those thoughts out of my head as I arrived Aizen's side, at the top of the steps, before his throne. 

"Hello," Aizen said with a handsome smile. 

I looked right past him, ignoring his greeting, and stared into the eyes of Gin, who was to marry us. 

"Can we just get this over with, please?" I whispered. 

I recieved a growl from Aizen, but Gin nodded and began to read from a little book in his hand. 

"Dearly Beloved," The words sounded unatural leaving Gin's lips, "We are gathered here today to witness the joining of two souls in holy matrimony. Standing before you all are Brooke Morgan and Aizen Sousuke." Gin paused and I stole a glance at Aizen, who still looked just as prideful as he had when I entered the room, I rolled my eyes. Ass. 

"If anyone has any reason as to why these two shouldn't be wed," Gin continued and muttered, "other than the obvious..." Aizen growled. "Speak now or forever hold your peace." 

"I object." Said a muffled voice from within the large crowd standing before us. 

My jaw dropped as I spotted the teal hair making it's way through the crowd. 

"What was that?" Gin asked, ammused. 

"I object." Grimmjow said louder, now standing at the bottom of the steps, his blade in his hand. "I won't let you do this, Aizen. Even if I die trying, I will stop you."