Stressed Out

Y/N's PoV

It was the day my best friend got promoted.

He had worked so hard for this, along with Vaughn and Yvette. This was a big day for all of them and I was going to show my appreciation by getting them dinner. But, by doing that, I had the chance of getting myself killed on Helios.

I arrived to Helios in a ship, dreading the fact that Helios guards were already looking my way. I don't know why, but I felt guilt. Guilt for his death. Guilt for making a Helios enemy a close friend until the end.

When I first met him, I truly thought he was an asshole cause he tried to kill me and blew up the train I was on.

So, generally, you see why I wasn't very happy...

But as I talked to him while he continued to try and kill me, I grew more fond of him. Even though I was with the Vault Hunters he didn't care much cause he thought he would kill all of them.

Then I had to kill his daughter...
An innocent girl who was in the wrong battle...

That's what made him despise me in the end and I didn't want him to suffer. I had to kill him. I didn't want to but he was in to much pain already and I couldn't have him go through it anymore...
I wish things would've been different.

I had landed and I hopped off my ship, walking to the entrance of Helios. I had my gun secured in my holster as I arrived towards the guards. The two stationed at the door looked at me and I may have not seen it underneath their helmets, but I could tell they despised me. They opened the door and let me in, but one of them stopped me before I entered. "The only reason you aren't dead already is because of the past Jack's wishes of you being alive. If you make one wrong move, your head is going to be on a stake."
I shoved past him, not saying a word to him as I walked in.

I walked down the halls of Helios, trying to find my friends before I heard a voice from behind me.
"Hey, (Y/N)!" a familiar voiced yelled and I turned to see the two dorkiest people on Helios.

Rhys and Vaughn, with two big smiles drawn on their faces.

"Hey guys!" I said, running up to them and enveloping them in a big hug. "So you ready for this promotion?" I asked with a big smile, letting go of them both.

"Of course", they both said in sync and I giggled, starting to walk with them down to their bosses office for Rhys' promotion. As we walked, Vaughn chattered on about money and what to spend on it while me and Rhys got lost in our thoughts.

Me and Rhys stopped at a window and looked outside at Pandora below us. Rhys then put his hands on his hips.

I looked and saw that behind him was a painting of Handsome Jack doing the same stance. I started to compare the two and started laughing, trying to hide my laughter even though it was vague.

"What?" he asked in an annoyed voice. "Oh, nothing" I replied, a big grin being draw on my face.

We continued down the hall to Rhys' boss office and while the guys talked a little while I was wandering in my thoughts, day dreaming, but snapped out of it before anyone could notice.

We arrived and both of them had looks of pure adrenaline on their faces. "Alright man, put that Hyperion face on" Vaughn exclaimed as I stood next to him, looking to prepare Rhys. "Oh, right" Rhys mumbled as he put a horrible fake smile on his face.

I think anyone from a mile away could tell he looked stupid.

"Hmm... No we need a little condescending, it's a little friendly right now. Okay, tell you what, tilt your head up, uh, like your asking if anything is up your nose" Vaughn said.

Rhys then lifted his head up and smiled. Again, he looked like an idiot.

"How this?" he asked as he looked up. At this point, I knew I had to step in and help him. 

"Okay, let me take over, please?" I asked as Vaughn back away, playing with his hands nervously. I took the time to straitened his suit and showed him how to create a fake, but great smile.

I think that it was actually Jack who taught me how to fake smile...

"Thanks for the help Y/N. I appreciate you being here for us" Rhys said as we hugged it out. We were like siblings when you hung out and we both always helped each other. Rhys even helped make sure there was a lesser chance of me being killed on Helios.

He then walked into the office as the doors closed tightly behind him. "Y/N, come on. We have to listen" Vaughn whispered to you as he put his ear to the door. "Are you sure? That seems kinda invasive" I said, but Vaughn gave me a "shhh!"

I rolled my eyes and put my ear to the door with him to listen in. While me and Vaughn listened to what Rhys and his boss were talking about. But it didn't sound like Henderson. This voice sounded much more familiar and disgusting.

'Blah, blah, blah, destiny, blah, blah blah, a phone rings, blah, blah... Vault key?' What Vault Key? How?

I listened in more closely, hearing some faint words about what sounded like a deal. It sounded expensive too.
After a few minutes, something hit the floor inside and I jumped a little.

After I had jumped, the door opened to show Rhys with blood all over his nose.

"Oh my god, Rhys. Are you okay?" I asked, getting closer to see if there was any serious injury. "Well, I would be better if I hadn't gotten screwed over by Vasquez!" he exclaimed in anger.

Vazquez was in there? Oh, he is so dead!

Filled with rage, I rushed into the office to confront Vasquez, letting Rhys and Vaughn friends walk off.

"Oh, Y/N, how long has it been" Assquez asked as if we were friends. I just glared at him as hesmiled.

"We need to talk" I said as I crossed your arms. "About what?" he asked. It's like he didn't see me outside the door.

Then, a voice came over the speaker announcing that, "Senior Vice Janitor, Rhys report to sector D451 for trash cleanup because that is your job now, to clean up trash with your bare hands."

"That's what I want to talk about" I said. "Sorry, I have to take a phone call" he said as he turned in his chair, but I grabbed his chair and turned him back to me. "Listen asshole, I dont have time to play with you. Give Rhys his job back" I growled. "Oh, play? Well, why didnt you say so, sweet cheeks?" He said, trying to present himself as if we were about to kiss.

I pushed myself away from him, grabbing a knife from my pocket and stabbing it into his desk as a warning. He seemed surprised by my sudden burst of anger, but I didn't care. By this point, I was so pissed off, I stomped out of his office so I wouldn't do something rash. I walked trying to find Rhys and Vaughn, but only one though went through my head.

That asshole is gonna pay...