25. "Only Two Weeks Left"

Start from the beginning

Nan went back inside the kitchen, I turned around as Carter slings the heavy bag over his shoulder.

"Lead the way," he gestured to the stairs.

It's like the bag had no effect on him, he wasn't struggling.

I shake my head and make my way upstairs with Carter following behind me.

We came inside my room; I looked at Carter and found him staring around my room as he put his bags down.

I look at him suspiously as he turned his gaze away from my room and looked at me, smiling sweetly.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "What are you really doing here, Carter?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" he plopped on my bed casually.

I rolled my eyes when he changed the subject. "How did you know where my Nan lives?"

He tapped his nose repeatedly. "Why are you here?" he questioned.

"I'm here to see my Nan, what else does it look like?" Carter put his hands up in defence.

"Touché," I sighed rolled my eyes.

"You shouldn't even be here." I said looking at him; I looked down when he looked back.

This time he stood up. "Why?" he asked coming closer.

I can't tell Carter why I came to see my Nan. He's the reason why I came here in the first place, I had to make my decision on joining Tommy or not.

I looked down at my shoes. "Because you have more important things to do then come here."

"What if I don't have anything important to do?" I slowly looked up at him and found him still staring at me.

My heart started racing fast and my hands began feeling clammy.

"I-uh-uh..." I kept looking at his eyes then his soft looking lips.

Why is he making me feel like this?

I blushed and looked away. "We should go downstairs."

I didn't wait for him to respond, I quickly walked downstairs.

***

"So when are you both going to tell me that you guys are together?" the moment that came out of Nan's mouth, I spat out some of the cookies. I looked at Carter and saw that he too was feeling uncomfortable.

"Nan, me and Carter-..." she cut me off.

"Are boyfriend and girlfriend?" I start coughing on the cookies. "Oh honey, are you okay?" I nodded taking a sip of water.

I look at Carter and see him smiling to himself. "Mrs Stevens, me and Tori are not together." My chest tightened, I put on a smile while Nan looks confused.

"That's what I was trying to tell you Nan," I continue. "Carter's already got a girlfriend, right Carter?" I could already feel him staring at me.

I looked at him waiting for him to say something, he just continued to stare at me, I raised an eyebrow as he cleared his throat. "Y-Yeah."

I turned around to Nan and smiled as I could see Carter staring at me from the corner of eyes. I carry on eating the cookies making it look like I wasn't affected by anything.

"Oh I thought you coming here and staying here was because you were Tori's boyfriend?" Nan spoke as I carried on going red.

I shake my head. "No Nan, you thought wrong. There is no me and Carter, we're just-..." I thought of what we are. I looked at him for a few seconds and looked away when he looked back at me. "Becoming friends."