The Death

Hello everyone! I am posting the first chapter of my next novel as a teaser. This book will be written along with Lights and The Game of Life once I am finished with Flames. I hope you decide to stick around!

-Saralee

.............................

Cast:

Strawberry_Cream1928 as Hexana Saralee Ingle

bookwormSarah as Thing

RedReality as Rebecca Darkly

LiveLaughLoveLuna as Teresa Ingle

.............................

Fifteen years ago...

Hexana Ingle sat impatiently in the hospital waiting room, her long, dark hair obscuring her face. She was dressed quite simply for the daughter of a billionaire- in jeans, a white top, and a black leather jacket.

"Miss Ingle?" A nurse approached her timidly.

"How is my father?" Hexana asked emotionlessly, barely lifting her head.

"He's...he's dying, Miss Ingle."

"Take me to him," Hexana nearly commanded with surprising composure. The nurse silently agreed, leading her down the whitewashed hallways of the hospital, past other visitors who didn't give her a second glance. They never would've guessed that they had just walked past a member of the wealthiest family in America.

The nurse stopped in front of a nondescript, numbered door, eager to get as far away from Hexana as possible. She didn't know what, but there was something about the girl's haughty airs and cold, unfeeling eyes that chilled her to the bone.

After ensuring that the nurse had turned the corner and was out of sight, Hexana hurried into her father's room, finding the founder of Ingle Tech lying motionlessly on a bed, thick gauze wrapped around the bullet hole in his stomach.

"Who was it?" Hexana snarled, instantly dropping her cool demeanor. "Who killed you?"

"Samantha..." Rodney Ingle croaked. "Samantha Brooks, the baby's mother."

"You managed to enter the house? Did your team get the baby?"

"We barely missed her," Rodney winced. "Brooks shot me before I could grab her kid."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Find the baby, and avenge me as you see fit. I want something horrific to happen to that child- something more awful than anything we have ever done."

"Like what?" Hexana asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"You have a good imagination," Rodney grinned, brushing back a stray strand of Hexana's hair with his finger. "And you'll have the company to help you."

"But I'm a minor, and Mark's not," Hexana exhaled sharply. "The company...the mansion...the yacht...the lakehouse...Everything will be his," she spat.