Death and all her friend(s)

This is the part where normally I would say something like "I stared at her, disbelief in my eyes" etc.  However, the thing is, it was all perfectly believable. Sure I still had questions, and maybe it was just me wanting to like the hot girl stood in front of me, ignoring the fact she just tried to shoot a child (But there was sense behind that, right?) ... but something inside me trusted the girl in the black coat. And about knowing my name? I'd ask her about that later.

It all made perfect sense anyway, or at least, the fact that she was like me made sense. She wasn't supposed to see me, and I wasn't supposed to see her, but the rules hadn't been applied in this case and we had been quite literally thrown together.

"Prove it."  I said, and I think this was just me wanting to hear her speak again because I already knew I believed her. But I was intrigued, and I know the old Martha would have been too- this was definitely a sign from the universe cause I had some sort of approval (It made perfect  sense in my head) from old Martha.

Surprised flashed across her face, but it was soon replaced with amusement.

"Okay then, sure," she pouted her lips in thought, "I could let the ghost tag along. It'll be like- oh what do you humans call them- one of those bring your child to work days!" The girl let out a deep throaty chuckle. It kinda spilled out her pale lips, so infectious it made me let out a kind of huh, but I was smiling. I didn't really laugh a lot, and I hardly smiled.

She began patting herself down, searching for something in her pockets I realised. Then she turned to me and scowled.

"But first," she gave me a shove, "we need to find my fucking scythe." Geez, she cursed a lot. 

"What?"

"My scythe, dumbass, my scythe- the one you very helpfully tossed."

"Oh."

"Yeah." She was grinning again.

"But that was a gun?"

"I'll get to that."

She walked away from the bank to a little clearing. "You know how to- you know" She did a gesture with her hands, "Poof, right?" I nodded.

"Excellent."

She held out one leather gloved hand, and I look it.

"Okay, in a few seconds we're gonna poof, but instead of focussing on the place you're going, focus on me. Kay?"

"Sure," I said, trembling a little, "But one thing."

"Hm?" The girl said, opening her eyes and turning her head to me, sounding a little irritated.

"What is it? C'mon I don't have time for questions I have a job to do, and it's been delayed enough thanks to you-"

"What's your name? I can't just keep calling you "The girl in the black coat"  it's too long winded"

"Death. My name is Death, I told you. Now get ready."
Poof.
We were gone.