Chapter 46 FINALE

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, James," He chuckles into the phone as I plop down next to him with a deck of cards in my hands. "No, we had a combined party with Jojo, so Beowulf took me out today,"

I smile as he wraps his free arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer to his chest.

"Shut up, James," He chuckles again, causing his chest to vibrate. "No, he took me ice skating and it was pretty fucking scary at first but I eventually got the hang of it,"

I smile up at him and he smiles down at me. I bite my bottom lip before I reach up and kiss his cheek.

"No, James, damn, then we had a very romantic dinner, which he somehow got the waiters to sing me Happy Birthday to me and put candles on my cheesecake. No, then we went to the top of the IDS center and watched the sunset and the city light up."

I continue to kiss his face everywhere but his lips as he talks to his best friend. I lick and nibble on his chin.

"Fuck, James, no," He says exasperatedly. "Okay I'm going to let you go now, good bye, James," He shakes his head as he turns the phone completely off. "The little shit," He mumbles.

I smile as I lick his lips. "What'd he call for?"

"To wish me happy birthday and to bug me about birthday sex,"

"Hmm," I hum and kiss his lips. "Well," I say as I pull away and sit crisscross-applesauce on the floor. "No birthday sex for you,"

"Not at all?" He pouts.

"Not right now you don't," I say as I pull the cards from the box and start to shuffle them. "Now birthday boy, get your butt down here and play cards with me," I pull my boots and socks off and toss them close to the front door.

"That's right, I am the birthday boy," He says matter-of-factly as he does the same with his boots and socks. "So shouldn't I get my way tonight?" He asks as he sits across from me in front of the fire.

"Not right now you don't," I say with a smirk. "Maybe if you can win six rounds of Speed I'll let you have one wish for the night that I will try my best to fulfill,"

"So you're saying I get a birthday wish if I win six rounds of Speed?" He asks with a raised brow.

"That's right," I say as I deal out the cards properly.

"Alright, but just know that I'm supernatural, Beowulf. I have speed on my side, which just so happens to go great with this card game," He smirks.

"So it's a deal then?" I ask as I stick my hand towards him.

Newbie smirks at my hand before shaking it. "Deal,"

"If you have speed on your side you should be getting that birthday wish pretty soon then, huh?" I ask as I pick up my cards.

"You bet your sexy self I will," He says confidently.

"Okay then," I say with a straight face. "Just remember that because I'm human you don't have to go easy on me,"

"Baby, I wasn't planning on going easy on you,"

"Oh?"

"Yep," He pops the 'P'. "I have confidence in you that you won't eat my dust to badly."

"Ooh, does your dust taste good?" I ask with my head cocked to the side.

Newbie bites his bottom lip. "You'll just have to find out, baby, now won't you?" He says huskily.

I can't help the smile that forms on my face as the game starts. Ridge may be supernatural but Speed is my game, it always has been. The cards start flying and Ridge was right when he said he has speed on his side, but so do I. Not even a minute after the game started I place my last card down and throw my hands up in the air.