"Hilarious," Dean smiled sarcastically, "Ladies first,"

"Wh- I gotta go through the window too?"

Dean simply shrugged, smirk never leaving his fetaures, "Element of surprise,"

"Asshole," Max glared at him as she reluctantly began climbing the drainpipe. Taking her pocket knife from her pocket, she unlocked the window from the outside and carefully slid it open, trying her best to stay quiet. Climbing into the room, Dean followed after her shortly.

*ੈ𖤐‧₊˚

SAM HAD ALWAYS BEEN A LIGHT SLEEPER, he had to be with the kind of childhood he had. So the sound of a window sliding open, even from the furthest room, was enough for his eyes to snap open

Careful not to wake Jess, he got out of bed to find the source of the sound. Possibilities ranking from burglar who picked the wrong apartment or monster that picked the right one. Slowly, he approached the unlocked window, that definitely had been locked before.

Footsteps. Two figures, Max and Dean, walked past the strings of beads at the far end of the hall. Sam moved to another part of the apartment and waited. The two entered the room. Sam lunged forward and grabbed the Man, Dean, at the shoulder. The woman, Max, folded her arms casually and chuckled slightly, leaning against the wall. Dean knocked Sam's arm away and aims a strike at Sam, who ducks. Dean then grabbed Sam's arm, swung him around, and shoved him back. Sam kicked and was blocked, then pushed back into another room. If Dean hadn't seen Sam's face before, he can see it now; Sam got his first glimpse of the Man. Dean elbowed Sam in the face; then Sam kicked at his head. The Man ducked and swung and Sam blocked it. Dean knocked Sam down pinning him to the floor, one hand at Sam's neck and the other holding Sam's wrists.

"Whoa, easy, tiger," Dean grinned, face finally coming into the light. Sam breathed hard, anger turning to confusion as he looked his brother up and down.

"Dean?" he finally realised, frowning as his brother chuckled, "You scared the shit out of me!"

"That's 'cause you're out of practice," narrowing his eyes and clearly taking his brother's bit, Sam grabbed Dean's hand and yanked, slamming his heel into Dean's back and Dean to the floor. "Or not," Dean groaned in pain, patting his brother on the back

"Get off of me," Dean muttered, Sam complying and getting to his feet whilst holding out a hand for his older brother to take

"Where is she?" he questioned, pulling Dean from the floor, the older Winchester playing dumb for a moment

"Where's who?" Sam only gave his brother a disapproving glare; there as only one 'she' he could possibly be talking about

"God, can't hide anything from you, huh?" a voice from behind him asked. Relief coated his features as he spun on his heels to greet his sister

"Maxie," he squeezed her tight, a much softer attitude than he'd had with his other sibling. Max groaned jokingly at just how tightly she'd been grasped by her twin

"Hey, little brother," she chuckled, hugging him back for a moment before he set her back on the ground. Sam rolled his eyes at that nickname. She'd always teased him about that; even though they were twins Sam had been born a whole ten minutes later, "Sorry for the home invasion," she joked, "Apparently our brother has a secret fear of doors,"

Unsure how to respond to the first words he'd heard from his siblings in years, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was looking for a beer," Dean teased, his hands smacking onto Sam's shoulders, shaking him for a moment before dropping to his sides