9 - Emotions Suck

Start from the beginning

Would it be a good idea to open it now?

~

Laurance: (Y/n), I'm still waiting for the truth..

Laurance: I'm not rushing, take your time. But I'm not gonna be fooled for that you being 'sick' thing.

Laurance: You're still avoiding us? After all these days? Are you even planning on coming back?

Laurance: Why did you even come with us in the first place if you weren't even ready to trust us?!

Laurance: Sorry, that was uncalled for.

Laurance: I'll still be waiting, though..

I ran through Laurance's messages first since he had more. Aphmau and the others are just encouraging me to get over the 'pride and shame of being sick.' Like that's a state I would be in.

Maybe I should approach them...no, that would be too awkward for me. And besides, it's not like they would understand, and I can't even come up with an excuse. But Laurance...well, he saw right through me. I wonder how and why? Maybe...wait.. No way..

But..no. I shouldn't. He should just get on with whatever it is he's up to and not bother to approach me.okay, I know I'm just talking crazy right now, but...I just can't help it.

I suck at being a friend.

~

I woke up and did my usual routine. Nothing special or anything. Except for the fact that me and Eyanne haven't been talking, that is. Oh, and did I mention I saw my mom FINALLY come out of her room?

So much for an uneventful day. Although now that I think about it, we actually got used to the fact that mom doesn't come out anymore. And that we only see her when we bring her food but we never really get to talk to her. We come up with a few words, but she just either nods or gives us a weak smile. So her coming out, even if it IS just for a glass of water, is a big deal. And if she's coming out for a glass of water, then soon enough, she'll be making us breakfast again and helping Eyanne out with her Witcheries Class.

And I walk to school alone again.

~

*Laurance's POV*

This is getting ridiculous. I tried asking Eyanne on what's wrong, but she just says that it should be her choice whether she tells us or not. Which really drove me insane. What the hell is she hiding?!

It's lunch and everyone's just talking about how they found out Aaron was in college, but not planning on completing it. Just for education purposes.

"Hey, Laurance? Is everything okay? You're usually the most to participate in our conversations.." Garroth said, while the others continued on with whatever they were talking about.

"Yeah..I'm fine."

"Thinking about (Y/n) again?"

"I told you to keep it a secret."

"It's not like they notice that something's wrong with her, anyway. I didn't either. How'd you notice anyway?"

"You know I get like that sometimes, too."

"I guess that makes sense. Did you get any response from her, though?"

"I asked Eyanne what's up, and she said that (Y/n) isn't telling us something. But she said that she shouldn't say and that (Y/n) should be the one to tell us herself."

"Eyanne is so nice, too nice that is."

"Well, whatever. I'm still hoping that (Y/n) will tell me whatever the heck is going on."

"Bro, you know you can trust me. This is between us. And I'm sure it'll be soon enough that (Y/n) will 'fess up what's wrong so we could at least help her."

"Thanks, Garroth."

Just then there was silence as Ivy and her gang approached us.

"Hey~! I see you guys haven't been with (Y/n) lately. Something wrong?" She said in a mocking tone.

"Go away, Ivy. We don't want your company." Katelyn snapped.

"Well, looks like you guys don't even HAVE (Y/n)'s company, don't ya?" Ivy.

"Shut up, Ivy." Nicole.

"(Y/n)'s been sick and we're here to understand that. And, why do you care?" Aphmau.

"Yeah, what does Ivy~Chan need from (Y/n)~Chan anyways?" Kawaii~Chan.

"Well, obviously you guys have no absolute idea on what's happening in (Y/n)'s life." Ivy. And yes, this intrigued me.

I looked over at Garroth and he gave me a look saying he understood what I'm thinking.

"Of course. She's been sick and she was worried that maybe we'd get her sickness too. And now that she's well, her pride is hurt." Lucinda. She just made herself sound stupid, obviously.

Ivy laughed in that annoying high-pitched voice. "You guys are clueless!"

She just proved my theory that something really IS wrong with (Y/n)... "What exactly do YOU know?" I say.

"Well, shouldn't her COUSIN know about her?" Ivy.

"COUSIN?!" Well, obviously all of us were shocked.

"YOU'RE (Y/n)'s cousin?!" Aphmau.

"That's impossible!" Dante.

"But she's so nice!" Vylad.

"Why wouldn't she tell us this?" Cadenza.

"Well, do you really think you know (Y/n)?" And with that, she left.

We looked at each other. (Y/n)...

~

[ Q: Fave character aside from Laurance so far? (I'm gonna be asking this again.)

Vote, comment and share bloop! ]