chapter one:

Day one

6:02 pm

Why did I agree on the bet? I'm strong! I can do this. It's been an hour and a few minutes - I know, because I have a clock in my room. I've never actually looked at it, because I've always had my phone to tell me the time.

I've been asleep for awhile now. I'm not tired anymore and I'm bored, again. I sighed and looked over at my bookshelf.

When I was younger, I loved books. They were my escape from reality. Now, I have wattpad and audible. I sighed and decided on one of John Green's books, 'An Abundances of Katherines'.

I swear if he kills another character in one book, I'm going stab myself -- not literally. It's like he stabs my heart, every time I read one of his books.

8:52 pm;

"Honey, dinner is ready and we have some guests!" My mom yelled, from downstairs.

Guests? We always eat alone. Since when did she make dinner? I usually order pizza and she would just make her own nasty, healthy food.

I walked downstairs and froze. Why them? Ugh! I groaned in annoyance and rolled my eyes.

"Nice piggy slippers." Hunter said, sarcastically and pointed at my pig slippers.

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. I gave him a fake smile. "Thanks! When I walk, they go 'oink oink'. I'm sure you know a lot about pigs. Right, Hunter?"

He scoffed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I lowered my voice. "You're a pig. What are you doing here?"

"You act as if you hate me." He said, pretending to be hurt.

I rolled my eyes. "You're pathetic!"

I looked over at my mom, who was talking to Christine. I quickly ran to my room. I locked my door and looked in the mirror. I sighed. I used to like Hunter when he was thirteen and I was eleven. I was a kid, I still am. I got over the crush after two years.

He still thinks I like him, no matter how many times I remind him I don't. I huffed and picked out an outfit quickly;

 I huffed and picked out an outfit quickly;

I smiled at myself in the mirror. I didn't dress too fancy, it was just a regular dinner.

A regular dinner with a boy who was cocky and annoying and his sweet family. I didn't like Hunter, but I adored his family.

I walked back downstairs and my mom smiled at me. "You look nice."

"Thank you." I smiled.

We sat down at the table, of course Hunter had to sit next to me. Ashton, their youngest brother, sat on the other side of me. I loved Ashton. He was the cutest person ever!