The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty-one

En başından başla

    “Don’t Luca.” She said softly.

    “Have to go to her.” I replied.

    “She doesn’t want you to. She doesn’t want you to see her right now.” She said her filled with sadness.

   “How can she come here and not expect me to want to see her? I need her Layla, you know how much I need her.” I asked, my eyes pleading with her to let me go to her.

     “She thinks that you have replaced her.” She answered. “She thinks I’m your new mate.”

I heart felt as though it was shattering, how could she everything that anyone could replace her. I know I haven’t been perfect in the past but there is only one person in this world for me and that is her.

    “Maybe you should tell her that.” Layla said giving my arm a squeeze before taking a step back.

    “Mia, no one could ever replace you. You are everything to me, our bond may be broken but you are the only one for me. I would rather live my life alone than take another. My heart belongs to you and you alone for always, nothing will change that.” I said feeling my legs grow weak. “Layla is not my mate or my lover. She is my niece, she is Wyatt’s daughter. You shouldn’t be threatened by her, I look at her the way parent would their child. Now please come out, I need to see you. Please stop torturing me.” I begged as my legs gave way and I dropped to the floor.

I could hear rustling in the distance amongst the trees. My heart picked up knowing that she was coming, I would get to see that beautifully face of hers. I would finally be able to hold in my arms once more. I could hear everyone gasp behind me, when I lifted my head I knew why. The most beautifully creature I had ever seen stepped out from trees and walked slowly towards me.

    “Hey Mia, are you ok?” Tyler asked.

She nodded her head sat on the ground a couple of feet away from me, her head hanging low.

    “You’re so beautiful Mia, more beautiful than any of my dreams.” I said smiling hoping that she would come closer.

I longed to run my fingers through her fur, my wolf needed it. He needed to be one with her, just having her this close to me was making me stronger.

    “She say thank you.” Tyler said taking a step forward towards her.

I watched as her walked over to her and stroked her fur, it infuriated me. I should be the one touching her.

   “Tyler hands off of her, she’s mine. Only I can touch her.” I growled losing my self-control slightly.

I was shocked by the sad look in her beautiful big blue eyes. Something was causing her pain, I wanted to know what it was, and I had to know what it was. I couldn’t just sit by and do nothing.

    “She says you can’t touch her.” Tyler said; slightly fear in his eyes as he waited for my reaction.

    “What the hell does she mean I can’t touch her, she can’t do that to me?” I shouted.

My temper dulled as I heard her whimpering, this was hurting her as much as it was me.

    “She’s doing this for you, Luca. If she gets too close to you Wyatt will know you are out.” Tyler said as Mia nudged him with her head. “She doesn’t want him hurting you anymore than he already has. She said its killing her not to be able to touch you. She doesn’t want to shift to her human form because she doesn’t want you to see.” he was cut off by Mia nipping at his hand. “Hey Mia that hurt. Bad doggy.” He said flicking her noise, making her growl at him.

I couldn’t help but smirk at them but I needed to know what it was that she was hiding from me. I hated that she couldn’t tell me what was wrong.

   “ Mia what’s wrong, please tell me?” I asked.

She shook her big white head and looked down at the ground.

    “ She doesn’t want you to be disgusted with her, she worried that you won’t want her anymore.” Layla said limping over at me.

Mia head flipped and her eyes were wide. I couldn’t figure out if it was from anger or surprise. Suddenly she shifted right in front of me, she seemed to be just as surprised as the rest of us. Tyler quickly pulled off his top and handed it to her. As she pulled hair out from the collar, I notice marks on her neck. They looked like bruises. That when it hit me they were love bites, he had given her love bites and she had teeth marks on her bottom lip. She had had let him touch her, she had let him kiss her. He had touched my Mia, he had kissed my Mia. My body shook fiercly as the anger consumed me, I close my eyes trying to calm myself, If I tried to change now it would kill me. I felt someone touch me but I slapped their hand away, when I heard the tears I realised it was Mia. My eyes snapped open to her running back towards the trees. This is why she didn’t want me to see her, she didn’t want me to get angry. She thought I was angry with her, she thought I hated her. I punched the ground as hard as I could breaking some of my fingers. How could I have been so stupid, how could I let her think that?

     “I’ll go find her Luca, don’t worry I’ll talk to her.” Faith said resting her hand on my back. “I won’t let you lose each other, I promise. And Tyler I want explanation from you as soon as I get back.” she said giving him a stern look.

I stayed still on the ground as I watch run after Mia. All I could do now was stay here and hope I had just pushed her away forever.