Chapter One

Today was another day in summer where I woke up late to the sound of my brother trying to make breakfast for himself, my sister was gone as usual she was out with her second family. So like usual it was me and my brother alone in a broken house. My mother was out at work but god only knows where April is.

{April is my "mom" whom got a divorce from my mother when I was about ten} 

Later at about 1:00pm April called yelling at us her voice slured and waved over the phone but not to the point where she was not understandable. She sounded slightly intoxicated but she always has ever since they had got a divorce. Me and my brother had gotten used to it by now, although that is not a good thing its true that this has become our new normal. She yelled at us about not calling her even though she barley answers the phone, She told us to get started on the chores for today. Usually we would have a list but today mother must have been busy.

My brother and I had gotten started on our chores separately with no communication whatsoever as usual. After we had finished cleaning all the bathrooms we started on the kitchen together and after a few minutes my brother started a conversation slightly lecturing me on my eating habits after I told him I had been vomiting for about the past four days, we argued for awhile on the subject before we finished the kitchen and both parted, starting our own personal activities. Me blasting music in my earbuds hoping to wake up mute, and him probably playing on his phone texting his friends and being a social butterfly. I decide to text April to try to have a normal conversation, although those are rare with her. 

Me: What are we doing today other than chores?

April: What would you like to do bay gril?

I laugh at her intoxicated texting, its sad in a way that makes me feel bad for her so I decide to change the subject I was going to originally start.

Me: I want to go to the thrift store and look for a gray sweater/ jumper because I'm planing out outfits for school in my head, also we haven't hung out in a while, maybe we could do something? 

April: of course back baby not sure what we are going to do but heal yes lets go do somethong

Me: Okay I will start thinking of somethings we can do, Thanks mom.

I like how I actually put effort into my text messages, and its like she could care less. I try to make a relationship of what little we have left. I guess its also hard for her after going to therapy with me and hearing all the "bull shit" I have to say.

A few hours later mother texts me.

Mother: Hows your day going baby?

Me: Its going good, how about yours?

Mother: Good! I look forward to seeing you guys!

Me: were looking forward to seeing you too

Mother: Sooooo do you want to go see secret life of pets or go mini golfing?? :)

Me: Yeah! I asked mom if she wanted to do something with me but she didn't seem that interested or committed to that idea so,

Me: do you even know where mom is?

Mother: {no reply}

About an hour later Mother called me asking if we wanted to go to the movies or mini golfing, I picked movies because I didn't want to be forced into normal daily conversations. About a half hour later Mother returned home telling us to get ready to leave the house. I walked out wearing a Star Trek T-shirt, Black leggings, gray socks, brown boots, a black beanie and my red glasses.

The car ride wasn't eventful at all mainly just Mother asking me if I was okay and yelling at me to turn down my music before I go deaf, Once we got to the theater Mother and my brother waled off ahead of me. Once we were buying the tickets to the movie Mother told me April would be meting us here. My anxiety was already high I knew this wouldn't be good for me, But I knew I should at least try to be nice and act happy for Mother's sake. 

We got to our seats and Mother went to go get popcorn and candy while me and my brother sat awkwardly in the theater full of seeming to be happy families. Once Mother got back she gave us the popcorn and candy and went to go get a bloody marry from the bar. She returned with her drink and behind her a drunk April, April had a beer and sat on the other side of Mother next to a family with many small children, they all seemed very happy and exited to see the movie.

Once the movie started Mother was trying to calm April down but it was obvious April didn't care at all, through the movie she would yell obnoxiously laugh and ask for the popcorn by yelling my name,The family next to us even moved two seats over in fear of there children hearing April yelling profanities at the movie.

 Through the movie I had debated to myself sneaking off to the bathroom and staying there until the movie was over, but I didn't want to disturb the people sitting next to us more than I felt my family already was.

After the movie I decided to dash to the bathroom so I didn't have to deal with April more than I already was forced too. After having a small talk with myself in a bathroom stall I felt like I had enough courage to try to deal with April. We went to the parking lot and April was so drunk she forgot where she parked, witch was probably a good thing because she was drunk. 

We drove her home, The normal car drive of getting lectured on my music taste was heard thanks to April. I was told to turn down my music before I go deaf, and then once we arrived home April made an attempt to tackle me witch ended up with her failing mainly because of the massive hight difference between me and her, I would compare it to a small child trying to take down a light post.

I humor Mother by saying I will be in bed by eleven turn up my music and write.

Tomorrow is another day.