chapter 8

It's been five months since Melodi hasn't seen Rashawd she haven't talked to him or anything. And every time he came over she was sleeping or in the shower. I guess he was trying to avoid her but hell she was trying to avoid him to. Rico and Melodi's relationship has gotten stronger and she actually love him.

"Melodi come here for a second your mom and I have something to tell you."

"yess" Melodi said as she sat on the counter. Wondering what her parents had to tell her.

"Your dad and I love you so much and we don't want you to feel some type of way about this."

"Mama what spit it out" Mel said staring at her dad.

"You're having a baby sister or brother." Melodi just stared at her parents like they were dumb. If this was the news they had to share with her she was going to scream.

"Really y'all I thought y'all was getting a divorce or something. Ma stop talking to me like I'm seven years old and gonna get jealous. About time y'all have another child now all the attention can be off me. I hate being spoiled. But congratulations." Melodi said smiling. She was really happy her parents were having another baby. Melodi hated being the only child. And now since they got one coming Melodi don't have to be treated like a baby.

"Well that went well." Melodi dad said laughing.

"Dad I got something I wanna share with y'all as well." Her dad turnt and looked at her quick. "Melodi your not pregnant are you?" "Dad no what just chill ain't nobody even thinking about kids right now."

"Oh okay you scared me for a minute" Jerald said grabbing his chest.

"Wateva daddy but no I'm going apartment hunting today." Melodi said looking at her phone. She knew her dad wouldn't accept that. He always wanted her to live with them.

"Melodi really I thought you said you were going to stay here."

"Dad I know but I need my own space I'm not a child anymore. And its about time y'all stop treating me like one."

"She's right Jerald we have been treating her like a child. Baby we made this girl have a babysitter while we were out of town." her mom said laughing. "Ma that's not funny why you over there giggling."

"How was it with Rashawd anyway was he cool?" her dad asked. Melodi really didn't want to talk about that all she wanted was to get they approval so she can be in her own place and plus she wasn't trying to think about Rashawd. "He he was straight but dad are you gonna come with me to look for an apartment?"

"why I can't go with you? Why you always gotta ask yo daddy?" her mom said putting her hands on her hips.

"Because ma you always busy. I don't care who go I just wanna start looking." Melodi said hopping of the cabinet. "Dang are we that bad why you just rushing to move. And let your mom go I gotta handle some business and why you ain't take Rico with you."

"Rico been mad busy lately and I ain't ask him I asked you."

"Wateva just don't go over board. Find something in your arrange not to big or not to small." her dad said walking out the kitchen.

"Thanks pop. Ms. Prego lets go" Melodi said laughing.

"This is nice mom look at the tub ughh I love it." Melodi said admiring the third condo they've looked at. The first two was ok one was to far from Melodi's parents and she knew her dad wouldn't like that and the second one was just to old fashion for her.

"This is nice Melodi and it got the his and hers closet. This will be good for you and Rico."

"Ma lets not talk about Rico at this moment and who said he was moving in with me." Melodi and Rico relationship was strong but after Melodi had a secretly miscarriage. Rico would get on Melodi's nerve. Melodi had kept it hidden from her mom and dad, the only ones that knew about it was her and Rico. It was kinda bitter sweet because Melodi wanted to start a family with Rico but she just thought it was to soon.

  Melodi cried for a week after her miscarriage but after Rico convinced her they could always make more and that God doesn't make mistakes she felt better. But lately Rico has been distant from her.

  He would come over and see her dad and would only come up to Melodi's room to say hey or something. Melodi didn't like that at all so she would give him attitude. Melodi loved Rico don't get it wrong but sometimes the things he do would erk her nerve.

"I thought you and Rico were on good terms." her mom said taking a sip from her water bottle.

"We are mom like I real deal love him, but somethings he do he can really push my button."

"Well baby y'all are still young and that's how it be."

"I know but anyway I think this the one. Do you like it?" Melodi said looking around in the kitchen.

"Yes I love it. It's not to big or to small."

"Ma stop you sound like dad."

"Wateva Melodi. But your dad and I are so proud of you."

"Mama stooopp with all the emotional stuff. I know you guys are,you show it everyday. I'm proud of you guys to."

"Thanks babe. Now lets go do this paper work so you can be out the house so I can really put it on ya dad." Yosha said walking away.

"Ma eww like really did you have to say all that. And lets go to the furniture store after this." Melodi was excited to move out on her own. And not only that her mom and dad was even closer then before.

"Ma I'll be back I have to use the restroom." Melodi said getting up from the table. Melodi and her mom had spent all day shopping for Melodi's new apartment she had bought a lot of things and would be moving in first thing in the morning.

"Ouch shit!" Melodi said trying to catch her balance as she walked into another person.

"You alright ma." A sexy strong voice asked. Looking up Melodi caught eyes with Rashawd. He was even sexier then before. From his smooth skin to his sexy lips.

"Umm my bad" Melodi said not taking her eyes off him.

"Melodi what you've been up to I haven't seen you in awhile." Rashawd said still holding her. The last time they talked Rashawd was moaning that he'll Neva leave her and that he wanted her.

"Yea it has. How you've been" Melodi didn't noticed Vanessa until Vanessa spoke to her.

"Hey mel long time no see." Vanessa said hugging her. Melodi couldn't help but notice the big pudge that Vanessa was carrying.

"Hey Vanessa. How are you?" Melodi said staring hard at her stomach.

"Good big and pregnant as you can see." Melodi couldn't believe what she was seeing. She was hurt and angry at the same time.

"Baby can you give us a minute I'll be at the table shortly I want to talk to Melodi about her dad." Rashawd said kissing Vanessa. It made Melodi sick to her stomach.

"Sure baby. Nice seeing you Melodi." Melodi just waved as she forcefully gave a smile.

"Melodi I'm so sorry I was gonna tell you but I didn't know how."  Rashawd said staring at Melodi he could tell by her eyes she was hurt and his heart ached to see her that way.

"Rashawd no need to say sorry me and you are not together congratulations though I have to go." Melodi said walking way from Rashawd but he pulled her back.

"Melodi I still care about you." "Rashawd stop your making it harder for the both of us." Melodi said repeating the line he said to her a few months back. "I'm good trust me." Melodi said in such a sweet and innocent way. Rashawd felt so bad as he stared at her as she walked away.

Vote!!! COMMENT!!!! Share!!!

ExoticLuv