Imagine #4: Thomas

Your Pov

It had been two years since I came up from the box. I was chosen to be a medjack even though I had the quality of being a decent runner. I had always wanted to run the maze, at least once. I kept it to myself of course, not wanting the others to wonder or worry about me.

"(Y/N)!" Newt yelled and came running in with Minho and Thomas. Thomas was limping in as Minho and Newt helped him in.

"What happened?" I asked helping him onto the table.

"This shank wasn't paying attention." Minho said as Thomas grumbled.

I began to examine his ankle.

"Well, good news is that it's not broken. Unfortunately, you won't be running for a while." I said.

"Just great, we still need one more person." Minho said and gave a glare towards Thomas.

"I said I was sorry." He tried.

"Why don't you let (Y/N) run, we all know she's fast." Newt said.

"Good id-" Minho was cut off by Thomas.

"Absolutely not, out of the question." He said angrily.

"What? Why?" I asked confused.

"I said no." Thomas said angrily.

"It's not your decision to make." I argued.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning at the maze doors." Minho said and walked out with Newt. Thomas slammed his fist on the table and carefully stood up before hobbling out.

**

I headed out to grab dinner, but came to a halt as I saw Thomas talking to Minho. I hid back so they couldn't see me.

"C'mon Minho, you know she's not fast. She'd probably complain the entire time." Thomas said with a harsh laugh.

"Thomas, she's coming wether you like it or not." Minho said and turned to leave.

"You know how terrible she is! I don't even know why you're waisting your time!" Thomas yelled after him. He turned around to face me.

"(Y/N)! I-" he began, I rolled my eyes and walked off.

He hobbled after me calling out my name.

"What is your problem with me? Why are you so against me running?" I asked him.

He took a deep breath as I stood with my arms crossed over my chest.

"I couldn't live with myself if you got hurt. (Y/N), I am so in love with you and if you got hurt or killed I just...I couldn't-" he ran his hands through his hair.

"Y-you love me?" I asked my cheeks pink.

He leaned forward and kissed me. I melted into it and he pulled me closer.

"Please don't run, please." He whispered and kissed my forehead.

"I'll see what I can do." I said and he leaned down once more.