30. Wounded past memories.

Comenzar desde el principio

"Max...come on man. Don't scare me." I hug him tighter and so does he.

"Nash? I think something is definitely wrong..." he says and passes out in my arms.

"Gregory! Gregory! Max fainted! Come here! Anyone! Please!" I yelled on the top of my lungs with Max still in my arms, where we're both cradled onto the floor.

"What happened here!" Gregory rushes into the living room. He sees my crying face and rushes over to us. "It'll be fine. Don't worry." He tells me and takes Max in his arms, carrying him to the car.

We leave Leah with one of the neighbours, as for Gregory, Max and I, we rush him to the hospital. I didn't think the situation would be like this where Max could be hospitalised but Gregory said we had to take him there because he was now faint for almost half an hour.

"Emergency!" Gregory yelled, catching the attention of the doctors in the room. They all came rushing down to Max and loaded him onto one of the stretchers, rolling him into a room.

I cry alone in the waiting area, hoping that it's nothing too serious and that, he will be fine. I kept on my thinking back to what could happen bad? What did Max mean when he said that something was definitely wrong?

And to answer my questions, another stretcher moved passed me which almost made me vomit. "No." I whispered, seeing the sight before me. I slapped a hand to my mouth and hugged my knees closer to my chest.

"Patient's name?" The doctor asked the familiar man, the same man I saw almost everyday.

He kept on weeping but finally managed to croak, "Laura, Laura Anderson." He sobbed. What he didn't know was his son was in the same hospital as his wife. "How did this happen?" The doctor asked.

"Car accident." He whispered, almost numb. I witnessed the entire scene before my eyes, I bet Mr. Anderson didn't even know that I was here..

"Will she be okay?" He asked as the doctors took her into the ICU. The doctor nodded, giving him a sympathetic smile.

What he didn't know what that she wasn't going to make it out alive, he was lucky enough for his son who was the only one who managed to get out of the hospital alive.

That was the time Max stopped having panic attacks, because he went into 2 years of depression.

"Master Collins? Are you still with me?" Gregory says and I snap out of my thoughts. I nod at him and close my eyes.

"Tell him I'm not home." I quickly say to Gregory, our family's butler, the one who was with me through all thick and thin of my life.

"But Master Collins, I already said you're in your room. Pardon me." He says obediently and ties his hands behind his back.

"I...I can't see him Gregory. You don't get it. I just can't.." I stop mid-sentence and sigh. Gregory sighs, closing his eyes. He opens them shortly after, giving me sympathetic smile.

From that incident onwards, Max stopped having panic attacks until today. Things must be bad.

Gregory sits beside me.

"At least don't leave the only person who's with you since your childhood Master Collins. After your parents, you know he's the only one you have. He's your best friend. Don't let this be finished because of a girl." He pats my back a little, his wrinkles showing clearly as he smiles at me.

"How did you know it was about a girl?" I ask him suspiciously, smirking slyly.

At my words, his lips curve into a smug grin. "Now, master Collins, I was once a teenager too now, weren't I?"