4. Connections

Dealing with Rebekah's wrath when I finally got to the car, was not fun.

For starters, I walked out to an empty car, as she had assumed that because I was five minutes late, that I had in fact been stabbed through the chest with a stake. She had charged into the school and was about to give the principle an ear full when I tracked her down and dragged her back to the car.

Actually, she more dragged me.

We sat in silence for the ride home, which I didn't really mind as it was a fleeting moment of peace that I suspected wouldn't last. Oh, and it was a break from the school bell ringing in my head.

When the car pulled up, I went to get out without a word but Rebekah put a strong arm on mine and stopped me.

'I'm sorry, H.'

I gave her a quizzed look. 'For?'

'For being overprotective.'

Lines crossed her forehead and I could tell she meant it. I flashed her a reassuring smile. 'I'm used to it by now.'

She let my arm go and in the same second was leaning against the open door, standing in front of me. She offered an arm and helped me up. 'I just.. I worry. You don't realise how important you are.'

I felt a slight prick in my heart at that. Important? If I was important I wouldn't be here, doing nothing with my strength, my knowledge, my power. I would be doing something with my life rather than going to a school in which my only purpose was to blend. To fit in.

Sometimes, I felt as though I was the dirt dug from a hole, only to be put back in again. What is it I'm destined to do? I sighed softly to myself, wondering if normal teenagers go through the same thoughts that I do. 

'Yeah, okay,' I grabbed my school bag and walked inside, dumping it in my bedroom. 

To be continued!

I'm sorry this took so long guys, this chapter is very unfinished but I really wanted to get SOME new material for you to read, even if it's only a small taste of what's coming!

Hope you are enjoying it so far, it's quite hard now that Hope is more developed haha but I will continue going the direction I went with this when Hope was still just a baby on the screen.

O.W x