Takeout Tuesday (stucky x reader)

warnings: some alcohol drinking, mentions of 'battle' wounds

They had both just came back from a mission, with minimal injuries

They had both just came back from a mission, with minimal injuries. Y/N sat on the little counter top in Steve's apartment, drinking coffee and staring out the window. Cooling racks were scattered around her, topped with various types of cookies. Her fingers tapped mindlessly on the mug and her foot shook with an uneven pattern. four more minutes. They said that they would arrive at 8:50. She took a sip of coffee, not hearing the familiar jingle of keys being muffled by the door.

"Y/N?" Steve said, walking into his apartment. She jumped up, setting her mug down and in the process almost spilling her coffee.

"Stevie! Buck!" she yelped, running over to them and hugging them almost to death.

"Ah," Bucky hissed, breaking away and holding his abdomen, "be careful there, doll."

"Oh Buck, lemme help you there." she said, leading him into the small living room, attached to the kitchen. "Now you two go shower, and I'll help clean your injuries." They nodded, and Steve set down his shield and helmet on the counter.

"Oooh, and you made cookies." Steve said, grabbing one before heading to go clean up. Y/N giggled, watching the other two stuffing cookies in their mouths while at the same time, aching and moaning about their injuries.

"You guys are honestly a wonder to watch." she said. Bucky waved his hand mindlessly.

"Well, then ya must be thrilled to hear our antics back in the day." he said, sliding off his tac vest slowly and carefully, hissing at the pain occasionally.

"How about over dinner?" she said, getting back up from the couch to grab her now cold mug of coffee.

"Hm?" he replied, now pulling off his combat boots.

"Here, let me help you." Y/N said, finishing the drink with one gulp and placing the mug in the sink, before kneeling to help the battered soldier.

"So what do you mean 'over dinner'?" he said, leaning back on the couch.

"Well," she said, unbuckling each of his boots one at a time, "like you and Steve tell me stories while we have dinner, and it could even be takeout from that Chinese place that you guys like. And we could even watch a movie." Bucky nodded, while slowly rotating his arms to release the stiffness in his shoulders.