Chapter 18 • Present

Authors Note: gets a little mature near the end of the chapter

Rey sighed as she listened to the professor  drone on. She was currently in debate, one of her favorite classes. Rey liked to speak her mind.

"Over the course of this class I have determined partners for this project. I will be grouping you with another person who usually has the opposite view point of you. I will assign the view point and you will debate on the given topic and create a video to share to the class."

The papers were handed out and Rey looked down at hers:

Partner: Kylo Ren
Topic: Is everyone actually born equal.
Position; No

The professor continued to talk until class was over. Rey walked over to Ren.

"Do you want to come work at my dorm?"

"Sure my roommates is usually always there so that'd be a good idea."

"Okay let's head out.

••{•}••

Rey propped up the camera and they soon started the debate.

"I believe that no one was created equal. People can be born into families with more opportunities than others."

"Well I think everyone was born equal. It's not always about wealth you know. Rights play in as well."

"Of course it's about wealth too! For example look at you! You've grown up in a family! You've gotten so many opportunities I couldn't have!"

"Well we have the same rights don't we? We are equal in law."

"Oh really? I grew up in the foster system! I had no family and you think you have the right to say wealth and family doesn't play a role?"

"All you do is complain! Sure it seems like I had the perfect home life but I didn't!" Ren moved closer to Rey. "My parents sent me away to a boarding school for gods sake! They never even visited! Sure I had parents but they were never there!"

"Well at least you didn't go hungry or cold! Wondering if you were going to die the next day! I'm lucky my grandfather found me, if he didn't you might as well find me in an alley."

"What about foster homes? Or buying an apartment. You are of legal age."

"It's not that easy!" Rey spat her face inches from his. "You act like money fucking grows on trees! It doesn't."

"I know it doesn't I'm not stupid."

"You wouldn't understand Ren."

He closed the gap in between them and hungrily kissed her.

"I hate you." Rey mumbled in between kisses.

"I know." Kylo said pressing her against the wall.

Rey tangled her fingers into his hair and pulled him closer. They mumbled several "I hate you's" and "fuck you."

She wrapped her legs around his waist and he moved her towards the bed. In a matter of moments Rey was down to her bra and underwear while Ren was in his boxers.

He continued to kiss her, pinning her on the bed.

"I fucking hate you Kylo Ren."

"Yeah I know that Kenobi."