"Or maybe just a sandwhich...? I don't think I can make any of that...." I trailed off.

"Awww....OK, fine." She said and we went into the kitchen, making myself and Aaliyah a sandwhich. I was going to do the same for the boys, but after a comment from Daniel saying,"Make me a sammich, woman!" I smacked him and told him to make his own damn sammich.

*Later that night....*

"We should watch a movie." I said, painting Aaliyah's nails.

"What movie?" She asked.

"I don't know, just...something. I'm starting to feel creeped out. The boys are in Chase's room doing whatever boys do and it feels like somethings watching me." A slight look of fear washed over my best friend's face.

"You feel that way too?" She whispered quietly and I nodded.

"How...how about we just make sure everything's locked up, OK?" I asked and this time she nodded. I walked over to my windows and flicked the locking latch, shutting the curtains tight. After that we both walked around the house and checked everything. When I looked out the back door I smiled to myself.

"Daichi!" I exclaimed, letting my favorite little puppy into the house. Well, he wasn't really a puppy, if you thought about it. He was kind of in his "teens" in human years, you could say. Yeah, that works. Daichi meant "great wisdom" in Japanese, so that eased my mind whenever I was home alone. He always knew when things were right or wrong. Daichi was with me when I was born, he was just a puppy then. I found it strange that he aged way more slow than other dogs, but my Parents always said Daichi was a rare breed. He roamed around the woods a lot and I had forgotten about him these past few days. Shutting the door, I locked it and fed him as he bounced around, attacking Aaliyah with his cuteness. Knowing that he was around here made me feel a bit better.

"Alright, so how about that movie?" Aaliyah asked and I nodded.

"I'll go ask the boys, you go get...something for us to munch on and a movie." I said, laughing to myself as Daichi closely followed.

"Oi! Open up," I knocked on the boys' door and it opened."Wanna come watch a movie with Aaliyah and I---" There was a whine."--And Daichi." I added quickly, laughing.

"Sure," Chase nodded, now noticing the dog at my side. "And who's this?" He asked, leaning down and going to pet Daichi, Daichi shooting him what I thought to be a dog glare. What the hell?

Chase seemed to register the glare and leaned back, glaring at Daichi as well.

"Quite a unique 'dog' you've got there, Celeste." Chase said and I raised an eyebrow.

"What d'ya me---"

"Oh hey, look! A puppy!" Daniel exclaimed, finally coming out of the room to join the conversation. Daniel went to pet Daichi as well, but Daichi reacted even stranger. He barked loudly and growled, snapping at Daniel's hand.

"DAICHI!" I exclaimed. "BAD BOY!" He whined and put his tail between his legs. Awwww.

"Celeste, what are you DOING? We watching this movie or what?" Aaliyah asked from down the hall.

"Yeah, coming!" I replied quickly and pet Daichi in apology for yelling, walking down the hall with the boys following.

We ended up all sitting on the couch, Chase and Daniel on the outside, Aaliyah and I on the inside, I sitting next to Chase, and Aaliyah sitting next to Daniel as well as myself. Daichi was sitting at my feet with his head in my lap.

The movie was a scary movie.

"Goddamnit, Aaliyah! Why this?!" I asked.

"I-I just grabbed a movie...." She hid her face in Daniel's shoulder. I put my face in my hands. The scary part was coming. There was a yawn and I felt Chase's arm drap over my shoulders, pulling me closer. WOW. Haven't seen that one before! There was a low growl from Daichi and Chase sighed, removing his arm.

I heard a storm going on outside, rain beating against the windows and lightning flashing through the curtains. There was a loud "BOOM!", a scream from the girl in the movie, and the power went out.

"...What just happened?" I asked, listening to the rain beat the windows outside. There was another loud boom outside.

"Power's out." I heard Chase say and I light flicked on. It was Daniel, he had a flashlight.

"Do you always carry that around with you?" Aaliyah asked and he nodded.

"Well, let's go check to see if we can get some electricity back, shall we, Aaliyah?" Daniel asked and this time she nodded.

"I should probably go with them." Chase said and got up to follow them.

"Ah, uh, okay...I'll just stay here then...and wait."  I said, but he had already left. Thunder continued to boom outside and I pulled Daichi up onto the couch with me.

"W-well...." There was a sudden hiss in the shadows and Daichi barked, growling at whatever it was and jumping on the couch. He pounced in the direction and the thunder began to boom loudly, lightening flashing in my eyes. Hissing and yowling started to loudly come from whatever was going on as well as a few thuds and crashes. I shrank back into the couch, trying to see and hear what was going on, but was unable to. It all became quiet and the darkness proceeded, unable to adjust my eyes.

"D-Daichi?" I asked into the silence, my voice cracking. My dog...was he OK?

A pair of lean, yet well-muscled arms wrapped around me and pulled my body close.

"Shhh...it's OK, Celeste. I'll protect you from every and anything...." The guy said, making my eyes pop open.

"Da-Daichi?!"

----