Chapter 8

Aaliyah's POV:

~The Next Day~

I knocked on the door, but walked in anyway, Daniel in tow. "Celeste? Where are you?" I looked at the couch, though the house was kind of dark. "Hey Chase. Where's Celeste? Everything okay?"

Daniel sat down next to him.

"She's in her room," Chase replied, nodding down the hall. "I think she's PMSing because she seemed pretty angry with me."

There was a bang as if something fell in Celeste's room (she had obviously been listening) and I smacked Chase. Of all the guys in the world, we were stuck with these two idiots for warriors. Since I know there's a God out there now, why?

Daniel laughed at what Chase had said and I sent him a glare. He was asking for another black eye. He immediately straightened out and coughed uncomfortably as we waited for Celeste to come out.

"AALIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" I heard a familiar voice scream my name and I was tackled.

"Ugh...Celeste...I think you broke one of my nails." I said, sighing. She just rolled her eyes at me.

"It's been horrible, for the past two...wait...however many days, I've been stuck with him." She said, pointing a finger at Chase. "You don't even wanna know what he did last night."  

"What did you do to my Celeste?" I asked through gritted teeth, sending him the ultimate glare. I heard Celeste giggle "innocently" as she rocked back and forth behind me, trying to play the cute card. Daniel stood up.

"Alright, alright. Everyone calm down....By the way, you look sexy when you're angry." Daniel stated, winking at me. Eww.

"Whatever." I grabbed Celeste and dragged her to her room, leaving the boys alone as I slammed the door shut. I turned around and she was standing infront of me.

"We need to talk."

~# Celeste's POV: #~

I had just explained everything to Aaliyah about the Angel and the Demon who had shown up, causing me not to be at school. She was pondering the idea.

"Alright. Sounds...interesting." She said, looking to be still thinking about it. My jaw dropped.

"You're OK with this?" I asked.

"Well, yeah. It's not like we could avoid this in any way. It's inevitable." I shrugged and nodded.

"I guess you're right, I just found it a little more suprising. It was just...amazing. Oh, that's right. Your Angel should be coming your dreams sometime soon. You'll probably be suprised then." I said laughing, Aaliyah laughing with me.

"Yeah, you're---" Aaliyah narrowed her eyes and stared at the door.

"What's wro---" She cut me off with a finger to her lips in a shushing gesture. I nodded and followed her to the door. Suddenly, Aaliyah opened it and kicked an eavesdropping Daniel in the shins.

"Serves your right!" She yelled and he fell to the floor with a groan. I looked up to see Chase coming down the hall torwards us. He sighed.

"I told you that was gonna happen...." I smiled at him (Why? I don't even KNOW!) and he looked up to catch it on my face. I quickly turned my head to the side to avoid his gaze and blushed.

Aaliyah seemed to notice this and changed the subject.

"Do you have anything to eat here? I'm starving!" I nodded at her.

"Yeah, I went shopping a few days ago so we should still have some things to eat. What d'ya want?" I asked.

"Hmmm....How about some marinated Chesapeake Rockfish served with a pale Lemon Vin Blanc and creme Fraiche potatoes or baby Yukon gold potatoes. Oh, oh! Or Prosciutto-wrapped chicken....NO, WAIT! How about Hor D'oeuveres splurge....OR, OR----" I cut her off.