Chapter 11

I didn't go to school today. I had to stay with my mum.
It was 3:30pm already. They were probably closed from school today. I was kinda glad I didn't go to school today because we were meant to have History and gym class.
Mum had been so distant since today. She just started into space and held my dad's portrait in her hands.
'Mum?' I called her
No response. She just stared
'Mum?' I called, this time louder than before
She shook her head as if just waking up from a trance or something.
'Yeah. Yeah' she said
'Are you okay?'
No response.
'Mum?'
'Yeah'
'H--h--how did it happen?' I asked her mentally cursing myself for bringing it up
She swallowed
'He was driving back home' she said starting to cry now 'it was raining bad at that area. Then he got to a crossroad and traffic light. He stopped. Other vehicles did too. A big truck was directly behind him.' She stopped and sniffed 'then it turned to green, Micheal was slow at moving the truck wasn't. Immediately it turned green, the truck moved and it hit Michael's car so bad that he hit his head on the steering and set his car driving without control' she stopped again and took a long look at the portrait before continuing 'the witnesses said that a car was coming towards the direction of Michael's car and they collided with each other' she cleaned a year that fell 'they called for an ambulance and it came fifteen minutes after, by the time they got there he w--was d--d--gone already' she sobbed for sometime 'they called me and I immediately took the next flight here. I went to the hospital to identify his body. He didn't look like my husband. But it was. His head was badly smashed Jenny' she cried 'the doctor said even if he survived it, he would have had brain damage'
Brain damage. That was almost the same as death right?
'What about the truck driver?' I asked her
'He ran'
'Police didn't get any leas on him? CCTV?' I asked her
She shook her head
'Nothing' she cried out
Nothing? No plate number? He just ran.
'It's gonna be alright mum' I used Nathan's words hardly believing them myself.
'No. I loved him. It feels like a part of me is missing right now. I don't think I can survive without him' she cried
'I know you loved him. But we have to get over it. Its going to be hard but its not impossible'
'Okay' she said after a long look at the portrait.
I tried to smile.
'So how about we get some ice cream?' I asked her
She looked up at me and cracked a smile
'Seems like a good start to me' she said
As I got up to go get the ice cream the door bell rang.
'Are you expecting anyone?' I asked my mum
'No' she said 'you?'
'There's no one to expect mum' I smiled at her
I walked to the door and saw people I did not expect to see. I just stared at all of them
I had rich and classy people on my doorstep.

Alright so how's the book going for you guys? Interesting? Boring? I hope it isn't the latter. Please don't forget to vote and comment in this chapter. Thank you.