Geralt

Sleep wasn't something that came easily for Kida that night, She leant against the main balcony of the building watching the streets below, a cat sat on a fence watching as a merchant put away his foods, waiting for the right time to pounce and grab her dinner. The brothel not too far from here had its women walking the streets as usual, looking for sad and lonely men to stumble upon them. 

"What you find so fascinating out here is beyond me" Olgierd leant down beside Kida. "Troubles?"

"Sleep isn't coming easy for me" Kida confessed and turned to the red head. "Your wife, what was she like?" 

"She was the love of my life, until I did something foolish...I never really speak of her anymore, I try to forget but I fear I will never be able to, it isn't easy pushing something so big from your memory...I fear also that I have given you wrong judgments" They looked at one another, Kida's brow furrowed in confusion. "I fear I have lead you on...that I have been too close to you and perhaps you felt...pressured into me, I assure you that wasn't my intentions"

"You haven't...in fact I feared that I wasn't clear enough with you that your forwardness was nice... I mean, I accept it. We ride for home tomorrow...back to Kaer Morhen, It's a long journey home..."

"You fear you will disappoint?"

"No, I never feared anything before I found the witchers, I was brought up by an elf named Ravnar, after my mother died he was the only other person I knew, I was 10 at the time but he looked after me well. He taught me to fight, hide in the shadows, stay out of trouble, but like always trouble found me, we were part of the thieves guild, I joined when I was 14, a young girl would be perfect! thats what they said, and I was...I was innocent and no one saw me coming. I left for the north to find a new purpose, not to be a thief all my life, I was attacked on my way and thats when I found Kaer Morhen, Vesimir helped me, saved me, and I took the trial. He advised against it and the other witchers there weren't found of me in the beginning but I took it and here I am" 

"Quite the adventure" Olgierd held interest in his voice as he watched her, her white hair let down over her shoulders, her face illuminated by lanterns hanging on the walls.

"Not really, it's nothing special, nothing worth fighting for, but today we will stand here wondering what tomorrow will bring, and tomorrow we will do it all over again" 

"I suppose this is goodbye until we meet again"

"I suppose it is"

After saddling up, they were on their way. Geralt rode closer to her this time, he wanted her to feel no hard feelings, he had listened to the conversation she had with Olgierd the night before. "So...when was I going to get your life story?" His voice held a teasing tone and she smiled to him.

"You already have it, you're not a sneaky as you seem to think" She giggled and looked on ahead. "So your story, is it any better?"

"No worse actually" They laughed quietly as they rode back the way they came, Kida relaxed a little more around Geralt, he seems better now, more open with her. She couldn't deny she was happy he had given her his blessing with Olgierd, although she wasn't quite sure why she needed it but she was grateful.