Yennefer

The morning is Novigrad was like no other, the fresh smell of baking bread wafted through the open windows of Kida's room Dandelion had given her. The best room in the house he had called it. The sound of birds and the bustling of the streets below, the sun shinning through the thin netted curtains that blew in the breeze. 

As Kida laid there her white locks falling past her waist, twisting and curling around the White shirt she wore. Although she would never confess it belonged to Geralt, the very same one she had worn when they first met. It still had his smell, the musk of dawn, pine of trees and something else she couldn't quite put her finger on. She thought about the night before, meeting the flamboyant Dandelion, his Inn, seeing the women who danced with all they had to earn their keep...and the mention of Yennerfer, Geralts lover...

Kida could not say to herself she was surprised, of course he had someone, at his age it was more than likely he'd had numerous lovers. She couldn't let herself get caught up in this, these love affairs of Geralt's, there was no feelings there really, she had to impress for Vesimirs sake he had saved her and given her a second chance at life and she wanted to repay it and if living the life of a witcher was the way to do it then that's what she would do.

After dressing herself in her usual shirt and leather riding pants and braiding her hair she made her way downstairs. The inn was already swarming, the ladies up and ready to go, serving drinks and food, dancing a top of the pedestals. Kida's eyes found Geralt and Dandelion almost instantly but there was someone else. Yennefer? She was beautiful, perfectly chiselled face, locks as black as night falling down her shoulders, her clothing were mainly all black with white accents. There was something mystical about her, elegant. She could see the appeal.

She stood gracefully and smiled, holding her hand out to Kida.

"My name is Yennefer" her voice was like liquid butter, it would take next to nothing for her to persuade a man into bed.

"Kida" Kida smiled and turned her eyes to Geralt who wore a stern look, fine Kida thought, I'll play this game "Geralts told me so much about you" The comment made Yennefers eyes widen slightly and caused Geralt to sigh.

"Well not too much I hope" they both sat down joining the men eating breakfast. The rich smell of cheese, wine and meat filled their nostrils as they dug in. Kida remained mostly silent listening to the others conversations, she looked up between Yennefer and Geralt occasionally, Geralt would make her laugh and she in turn would place a hand on his shoulder. Kida wasn't a jealous person, nor would she let Geralt cause her to become negative towards Yennerfer, she had done her no wrong so it wouldn't be fair. Besides Geralt kept it a secret not her. There was also the annoyance of how Geralt had looked down her top only days before this.

Geralt watched Kida as her eyes brows knitted together in deep thought, he craves to know what she was thinking about, was it about him? Or Yennefer? 

"Geralt? Why here? Surely the griffin was more clever than that" Kida stood in shock beside Geralt as they looked on at the griffin laying cold on the ground.

"This was its nest, looks like it died of old age"

"Please Geralt don't humour me...." Kida walked over to the Griffins head, pulling out a knife to take their trophy. "Old age isn't a Griffins problem, another male attacked, this ones a female clear to see, a Griffins bond is for life, another male attacked what he couldn't have you can clearly see this by the claw marks." Geralt was lost for words, she was perfect. Gorgeous and clever, a real witcher at heart, and more importantly she didn't take his shit.

He watched as she pulled their trophy onto her horse, her eyes sharp and focused.

"Why didn't you tell me about Yennefer?"

"There's nothing to tell" Kida looked up from her horse with a disbelieving look. "She and I were once close, now we're not, I chose a different path"

"I see" Kida lifted the reins over the head of her horse and began walking. "You can ride back if you want, I want to walk"

"Wait" Geralt's voice was more demanding that Kida would have liked but she still turned to face him as he neared her, stopping only inches away from her. "Let me kiss you"