Chapter 25: Behind Blue Eyes

The Who were packing so they could move on to the next hotel (and trash it). Well, mainly it was John helping Keith pack up, Roger packing, and Pete writing. Pete had already packed up, so now he was writing a song.

        "Gunna help me, Pete?" Roger asked, irritated.

       "Hush, I'm busy." Pete didn't even look up from his notepad.

        "Please?" Roger asked more irritated.

       Pete quickly got up and shoved Roger's overflowing suitcase closed. And walked back to where he was seated and went back to writing.

      "....Thanks." Roger tossed his suitcase to the side and sat beside Pete.

      "Do you mind?" Pete scribbled down a few lines.

       Roger shook his head, "Nope."

      Pete put the notepad down.

     "Can I take a look?" Mr. Elf asked the egg.

      The egg thought for a bit, "Ah, fine."

      The Golden God took the notepad from him and read over the verses.

     No one knows what it's like

     To be the bad man

     To be the sad man

     Behind blue eyes

     No one knows what it's like

     To be hated

     To be fated

     To telling only lies

      The brunette behind blue eyes stared at the blonde with a hopeful look, waiting to be approved. The blonde looked at him, and smiled brightly.

     "This is marvelous, Pete!"

     Pete smiled brightly as well, "It's how I feel on the inside, Roger."

    "I-I can tell." Roger bitted his lip.

    "Yeah." The blue eyed egg took the notebook back and continued writing.

    The cinnamon roll patted the egg's shoulder, "I'm glad you can uh, 'vent' out this way, mate."

    He smiled softly, "I am too."

    The shorty stood back up, "I'll go see how the Ox and the Moon are doing."

     Townshend nodded, "I'll stay here and write."

      "You do that." Daltrey ruffled his hair and walked out of the room to the Ox and Moon.