Redney: I Dare You

Red's POV

I woke up to the feeling of a pillow being slammed into my face. Not the best way to wake up in my opinion.

"Wake up dirt! We have work today!"

Ahh yes who other than Barney would think that the most efficient way to wake someone up would be by hitting them in the face with a pillow.

"What the hell Barney a simple shake of the shoulder would have worked!" I yelled at him while simultaneously reaching for my glasses. I saw that he was already dressed and ready to go. He looked amazing in his blue shirt that fit him so well along with jeans and boots. I caught myself staring and blushed hoping he hadn't noticed.

"Well I could have woken you up by shaking your shoulder, but where is the fun in that?" He started to leave but before he could I threw the pillow at him, hitting him square in the back of the head.

"I guess I deserved that huh" he said as I snickered pulling up the covers to hide my face. After he left I got out of bed and got ready putting on my Team Instinct t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I headed downstairs to see Barney waiting for me on the couch scrolling through Twitter.

"You ready?" I asked him. He jumped a bit at the sound of my voice, but then turned around and flashed me a huge smile. Gosh his smile, I could stare at it all day and never get tired of it. Speaking of staring I was doing it again. I blushed for the second time this morning and started walking towards the door. I tried to hide my blush so Barney wouldn't think anything was up. If he ever found out I loved him my life would be over. Why you ask? Well let me tell you. One, he has never shown any interest in men so I'm going to safely assume he's straight. Two, we work together so it would be hella awkward. Three, we live together so it would be even worse. And four, he's my best friend and I wouldn't ruin that for anything.

"Hey Red, are you alright? You look a little flushed?" Crap.

"Um yeah I'm fine just feeling a little under the weather... yeah that's it."

"Oh ok are you sure you're ok to go to work today?" He stared at me with the most worried expression that I almost felt bad about lying. Almost.

"Yeah I'm fine let's go." I said hopping into the driver's seat.

Barney's POV

As we drove I kept staring worriedly at Red. I didn't want him to be sick. I care about him and I don't want him to be hurting in any way. He seemed fine, but that doesn't mean anything.

"We're here!" Red yelled and I jumped from the sudden noise. We got out of the car and headed up the stairs to the office. As we opened the door we saw Max attacking Adam with a stuffed Yoshi and Ross in the background with the camera vlogging it. Just another day at the offices.

"BARNEY HALP ME" Adam yelled at me as Max continued to hit him with the Yoshi.

"What did you do this time?" I asked him. It doesn't take much to make Max mad, but I still wondered what he did.

"I TOOK A PICTURE OF MAX AND ROSS AND POSTED IT ON TWITTER" he yelled as Max continued hitting him.

"Oh so Mithross?" I say. Max glares at me getting off of Adam and slowly walking towards me.