Mornings

A/N: I finally got round to writing a pre-serum Steve/Winter Soldier Bucky fic, as all my comics and (at the moment, planning) fics have been post-serum Steve, and tbh my favourite version of Stucky has to be pre-serum Steve/Winter Soldier Bucky. So I hope you enjoy this as much as I did writing it!

The morning sun glistened through the beige curtains and onto Steve's eyes as he woke up, squinting as his eyes adjusted to the light. He stretched and got up with ease; Steve had always been a morning person since he'd moved into his apartment. He set to his usual routine of showering, dressing and making his way next door to Bucky's apartment.

He unlocked the door into his friend's flat and stepped inside. He and Bucky had exchanged keys as soon as Steve had moved in next door. They couldn't risk living together in this day and age, people would start to judge, so they had to settle for just having their mornings together.

"Mornin' Buck." Steve muttered, as he padded past the half-asleep lump on the sofa he considered his closest friend, who just hummed in response, "Mornin' Stevie," Bucky grumbled, getting up from where he sat, "coffee should already be done." He said, kissing Steve's cheek as he walked past.

Steve poured himself some coffee and sat on the sofa, next to Bucky, noticing his sketchpad on the arm of the chair, on the other side of his friend. 

"Um, Bucky, could you pass me my sketchpad, please?" Steve asked. Bucky looked over at Steve and smirked.

"Nope."

"Awh, c'mon Buck, pleease?" Steve pleaded, Bucky keeping his grin. After a few seconds, Steve huffed and leaned over Bucky's legs and grabbed his sketchpad and pencils, as Bucky took a sip from his coffee, hiding his smirk.

"I hate you." Steve mumbled as he sat up.

"Nah, you don't." Bucky pulled the smaller man into his lap and watched him draw with awe, his Stevie really did have a beautiful talent.

After watching Steve for a while and finishing his coffee, Bucky leaned his head on Steve's shoulder before kissing the side of his head, "You're so talented, Stevie. And so god damn beautiful." He said, burying his face into Steve's neck and kissing.

"Buck?" Steve put down his sketchpad and turned to face Bucky, who pressed his lips against his own. Steve wrapped his small, frail legs around Bucky's waist and deepened the kiss.

Steve had always been a morning person since he moved in next to Bucky.

A/N: Ayyyy I made them kiss! Hope you enjoyed!

~This is The Whinger Soldier, signing off~