Act Thirteen

Dark days are necessary,
Just as important as the rest,
For if we didn't have the worst,
We couldn't recognize the best.
-Anonymous

It's been years. Ladybug and Chat are fighting hard and better than ever. Marinette and Adrien got married and had a beautiful baby girl named Emma, and two boys named Louis and Hugo. Alya and Nino got married and had one more child after Jamie and his name was Blake.

It was a beautiful night and the heroes had left them with a babysitter, Manon, while they went on patrol. When they had finished they stopped at the Eiffel Tower and looked out onto the city.

"This city does not compare to your beauty. The lights dance with the stars in your eyes as your freckles dance with the stars above." Chat gently grabbed Ladybugs chin and planted a sweet, gently kiss on her lips. "Nothing can compare to the love I have for you and our gorgeous baby children." Emma was only thirteen. There was a loud crash and the heroes swung into action. They found the Akuma at the park. "You go left. I'll go right." Ladybug nodded and took her direction.

They fought with all of they're strength but it wasn't good enough. Their suits in tears, weapons broken, and scars covering they're bodies. They ran to the Eiffel Tower and followed the villain up it. She swung her tail causing Chat to fall off the building and hit the ground, not moving. "No!" Ladybug yelled as she ran down to him and cradled his head in her lap. "Look at the sky."

"I am. Suck a lovely shade of blue. Look in the forest."

"I am. Such a vibrate green." Ladybug held him closer. Chat put his hand on her face as he bleed out.

"Je T'aime Marinette. My love." His hand dropped and his breathing slowed.

"Je T'aime Adrien. My love." Ladybug gently put Chat on the ground and ended the Akuma. He was rushed to the hospital and into surgery. Ladybug detransformed and ran in asking for her husband. She was directed to a waiting room where Manon and the kids sat waiting.

"Mom!" Emma yelled as she ran into Marinettes arms. She cried into her shoulder as they waited for his surgery to end. Manon left and Alya, Nino, Blake and Jamie arrived.

"We would have gotten here faster if someone didn't decide to make food right before we left." Alya put her hands on her hips.

"You'll thank me later." Nino crossed his arms and they all sat down waiting.

"How are you holding up Em?" Blake asked. Blake was her best friend in the world.

"Good I guess. I just want him to be okay." Emma hid in her knee and Blake pulled her into a hug. She accepted the hug.

"They are so cute together." Alya and Marinette squealed. Emma and Blake pulled apart as soon as they said that. A doctor came in and they followed her to Adriens room. Marinette and the kids ran to his side. It was hours before he woke up.

"Dad!" Emma yelled as she hugged her father. She cried into his shoulder.

"It's okay I've got you." He hugged Emma back and kissed her head. Marinette joined the hug and they all were a family. Adrien licked his lips. "I'm hungry."

Nino handed him the food he brought. "Where's my thank you Alya."

Alya just crossed her arms and they laughed. Days later Adrien got out of the hospital and they were a family again. They were whole. They were together and nothing was going to change that.