Act Nine

I know how it feels when people look right through you,
Or worse,
See you as something or someone
Other than what you are
-Ky.

"Woah girl slow down or I'm gonna be responsible for an OD." Her dealer joked as she did another line of coke. She hardly went to school anymore and if she did Chloe would just abuse her. She spent her time here. On the weekends she didn't leave Chats side but during the week you could find her here, doing illegal drugs and getting drunk. She did another line and then another and he knew he was going to lose her. Before she could do another one he took it away.

"What the fuck Rodney?!" Marinette yelled.

"Seriously Mari your gonna die if you don't cut back. If your not gonna do it I will." He took the piece of cardboard and locked it away along with all of the booze and drugs he's restricted her from. Over the months she's been here. It's month six into Alya's pregnancy but month eight into Chats hospitalization. "Listen I know your upset about what happen to Chat but this isn't the way to deal with it."

"Says the drug dealer." Marinette scoffed as she leaned back on his couch.

"Hey I've done some fucked up shit but that's on me. Your responsible for keeping him alive and I saw that letter he gave you. he wants you to get better so when he wakes up your okay."

"But I'm not okay Rodney. I miss him and I need him to help me but he can't because it's all my fucking fault!" Marinette buried her head in her hands and cried.

"You know that's not true Marinette." He sat besides her.

"Yes it is. If I had just come earlier than he would be here and be perfectly fine and we would be protecting the people. Instead I'm here where I'm drowning all of my pain." Marinette cried more.

"That's it I'm calling your school." Rodney stood up and grabbed his phone. He would call in and say she was sick so she could do more drugs but the teachers knew it wasn't true but didn't bother to say anything. "Yes hello I would like to speak with Mr.Damocles."

The line went silent for a while. "Yes this is Mr.Damcles."

"Yes I would like to inform you that Marinette will be coming in today. She's feeling a lot better."

"That's good to here. I will inform her teachers." He hung up and put his phone in his pocket.

"Why'd you do that? You know what will happen to me when I get on school grounds."

"Because Marinette I'm helping you." He grabbed her by the arm and her bag and dragged her to school. "Do you think this is what he'd want for you? To miss all of your classes blowing coke and getting drunk?" Marinette didn't answer. He grabbed her by the shoulders. "Answer me."

"No." Marinette looked at the ground. Rodney sighed and they continued walking to the school. they stopped at the front where everyone was staring at her. Rodney walked away and Marinette walked into the school with a heavy weight on her shoulders.

"Looks like someone actually decided to come today." Chloe smirked and clapped her hands. "You know what to do." Kim and Alix sighed. Ivan had been put under her control while Marinette was gone last week and he joined them as they walked up to her. Marinette saw them coming and broke into a sprint and ran into the classroom. She sat at her seat and sighed a breath of relief but it was short lasting. Kim held her by the arms as Alix and Ivan punched her in the gut and face. Leaving her with a black eye. They stopped when Nathanael walked in and they walked out. Nathanael ran to her but she didn't want anyone to touch her.

"Just stop." Marinette held her gut and reached her hand out as Nathanael tried to get closer. He stopped moving and backed off. He sat in his seat as the rest of the class filed in and took their seats. Marinette put her hoodie on to hid her eye.

"Marinette I'm glad you could join us today." Ms.Bustier smiled and started her lessons. In between classes she would get beat up more and more. At lunch she hid under the stairs. Alya and Nino already told everyone that their expecting but Chloe still has them wrapped around her finger.

"Marinette what're you doing?" Rodney helped her up and noticed her eye. "You can't be such a pushover."

"I have no other choice. She has everyone against me and I can't do anything."

"Yes you can. It doesn't matter if you have an army of people or just you. You can stop her."

"How?"

He grabbed her by the shoulders and she looked at him. "Your Ladybug. The heroine of Paris and protected of the people. If you can take down five villains at once you can surely defeat a bully."

"But she's not just a bully anymore. She's an abuser and I I I can't take it anymore."

"You tried to go clean once before but failed. I'm going to help you this time even if it means losing business." Rodney let go of her shoulder. "Now go in there and punch her in the nose." He turned Marinette by the shoulder and pushed her up the school steps before running and hiding. He got expelled from here and isn't allowed back on the grounds as long as he lives.

Marinette marched into the school with as much confidence she had left. She marched up to Chloe who was threatening Mylene that she would tell everyone her secret. Marinette balled her hands into fists. She tapped Chloe on the shoulder and she turned around. "What do you want filth." Chloe crossed her arms. Marinette brought her fist back and before Chloe could comprehend what was happening she was on the floor, with a broken bloody nose. Marinette knuckles were covered in blood but she was proud of herself for doing that.

"Go Mari!" Kim yelled and everyone cheered along with him.

"You'll pay for this." Chloe scoffed before running to the nurses office. Alya hugged her for the first time in months and it made her flinch. All Marinette has known is pain and suffering and hasn't been shown the least amount of kindness in months. Marinette hugged her back for a brief second until she touched her side where it was incredibly bruised from Akuma attacks and peoples punches.

She lifted her shirt just enough to see a long, wide, uneven line going up her body, taking up half of her back, side and stomach and going down until her knee. You could see her bones peeking out through her skin. "Marinette." Nino mumbled as he stepped closer and she stepped back. All Chloe viewed her as was trash and a punching bag. Nino touched the bruise and Marinette winced before she noticed a horrified Rodney standing at the front of the school. She pulled her shirt down and walked away with everyone shocked at how hurt she is.

Her hip bone pointed through her skin holding her pants weakly in place. Her ribs showed and she had a thigh gap as big as a football. Her face sunk and the bags under her eyes grew darker and bigger by every passing day. Since she rarely went to school the only person who noticed her losing weight was Rodney. Bruises and scars covered her body from head to toe.