Chapter 10

I was so warm when I woke up.  I was bundled in what felt like all of the sheets and covers on the bed.  I rolled over to glance at Harry and - turns out - I did have all of the covers and sheets on the bed.  Harry was laying sideways, propped up on his elbow with his legs crossed at his ankles.  He was completely naked, and he stared at me so goofily that fell off the bed laughing. 

"SOMEONE is a little bit of a sheet-hog!" Harry said, jumping on top of me and trying to tickle me through the layers of cloth.  I finally flipped onto my back and opened the sheets to let him in.  I hugged him close to me and kissed him on the nose.  He kissed me back on my nose, and then quickly began to kiss me all over my face, my neck, my arms, and my belly.  I giggled when his hair tickled my skin softly, and I brushed it back from his face.  When he finally looked up at me, I asked in my best British accent, "So what’s the plan for today my darling?"  Harry laughed into my stomach and kissed me a few more times. He crawled back up to my face and I wrapped him up in the sheets with me.  

"Well, I’m thinking a nice large breakfast made by yours truly, and then perhaps a shower, and following that, maybe we can walk around downtown?  Aaaaand maybe stopbytheracethat’shappeninglaterthisafternoon…" he said it so quickly that I missed it. 

"What?" 

"Well, there is a race downtown late this afternoon.  We don’t have to go if you don’t want to!  Tom just told me about it last night so I was thinking we could go since it’s close.  Plus it’ll probably just be a quick race, you know.  I’ll win some money and then we can go out to eat at a fancy restaurant." 

I smiled at him.  I didn’t really want to go to the race, but if it meant being with Harry then I was okay with it.  Plus, he sounded so excited about it, I just couldn’t say no.

"We might have to go shopping first," I raised an eyebrow at Harry. "Especially if the dresscode is anything like what it was at the last race."

He looked away guiltily. “I just didn’t know you very well so asking you to wear something like high heels and all the makeup and… I just wanted you to come.  I didn’t want the “dresscode” to scare you away.” He made quotation marks in the air with his fingers. 

He agreed to take me shopping after breakfast.  After we ate and showered, we went into the city where there were lots of stores that I had never seen before, filled with the newest and most colorful fashions. “I want to pay for your outfit,” Harry told me before we walked in the first store.  I understood why he insisted when I saw the first price tag.  If I were paying we would be shopping at a Marshalls or maybe the Dollar Store. 

I picked out a few dresses that I liked and was surprised to see that Harry had chosen a few outfits too.  He sat on the mini sofa and waited as I tried on dress after dress behind the curtain.  ”Are you going to let me see?” He asked after a few minutes. 

"Not until I find the perfect one… or something close to it." I mumbled. 

I didn’t always dress up but I had a keen eye for fashion.  I was upset when none of my choices looked good on me though.  Harry’s choices were actually pretty good, but for some reason nothing seemed to want to make me look good in any way.  By the fourth store, Harry was beginning to get tired, and honestly I was too.  I walked out from behind the curtain to show him a dark green dress that was fitted at the top and poofed out close to my waist.  Harry had chosen it.  He saw it and shook his head. 

"Let me just go take one more look," he said slowly.  I turned and took off the green dress and put it back on the hanger.  I looked at myself in the mirror and began to play with my hair when suddenly I saw a few dark marks further back on my neck.  I didn’t realize just how much damage Harry was doing to my neck last night.  I had to get him back.