Chapter 12 - I Don't Want to Say Goodbye

In the remaining 6 hours of the flight I just listened to music, absorbing the lyrics into my brain. I got them, and I just felt so different. It's like the music could understand what I was thinking and how it was there to comfort me if I needed it. It sounds weird, but it feels like I can just pour my thoughts out through music.

But I can't sing or play guitar. I wish I could... but I never got the lessons. Kevin and Isabella weren't really the "music" type. I really have got to stop talking about them. Abigail Henderson is my old fake life, I need to dismiss it. I need to get it out of my head, but I know after that nightmare I had earlier, I would have way more. The events would just haunt me.

The rest was just a blur: we touched down after the 6 hours I was awake for. We got out of the airplane, me carrying my duffle bag (my phone and earphones in my pocket) and the others carrying theirs. Jeff was mad from us yelling at him to wake up. It was hilarious, though. Once we got off the plane, we charged through the cold tunnel. It was awesome. We were able to get out first, and once we did, arms engulfed the guys around me.

Since I was shorter than all of them, I squished my way out to see what was happening. Billie was being hugged by Adrienne, Jakob, and Joey, same as the others by their families. Adrienne turned around to see me. She walked up to me and hugged me, and I hugged her back. I was happy to see her, but I couldn't remember her from the past.

"My lovely angel..." Adrienne whispered, stroking my hair. "You do not know how happy I am to see you..."

She cupped my face with her right hand, putting her left hand on my shoulder. Her eyes were red and glistening with tears in the light. Soon enough, Jakob came and hugged me tight, lifting me up and swirling me around in his grip.

"I love you so much Eli," Jakob smiled when he let me go. I smiled back. "You were always the crazy but shy sister."

Jakob went to hug Billie again, while I stood there, smiling at everyone else. There was so much love going on in one place. It was crazy. The others from Mike and Tré's families came up and introduced themselves and hugged me with tears in their eyes. Joey was the only one that (in my blood-related family) hadn't talked to me yet. He sat in a seat staring at me, glaring at me or something. He looked sad, he looked like he was doubting himself. I wanted to go and talk to him so badly, but I just couldn't bring myself to. Was I scared?

To bring each other out of our gazes, Mike spoke up. "Jason and Jason and Jeff have to go see their families, so why don't we go get our bags?"

We all nodded and started to walk to baggage claim. We waited for about 5 minutes until everyone got their bags (rather quick I might add). Once we got to the main entrance and exit of the airport, there was a flood of paparazzi and news reporters everywhere.

"There they are! That's Billie Joe Armstrong's daughter!" Someone from the crowd yelled out.

"Shit." Billie cursed under his breath. He grabbed my arm and held me tight to him as they the crowd of people with flashing cameras started to gather around us. They started to yell all sorts of questions.

"Where was Eliana after all these years?"
"Had she been kidnapped?"
"Eliana tell us what happened!"

The band and their families gathered around me to protect me, while I was trying to calm my breathing. Finally, security came and got them off us, threating to call the police. Oh, this will be a "brilliant" story on the news tonight.

We finally made it out, all of us running to the carpark hopping into Billie, Mike, and Tré's cars that drove quickly to my new and old home, the others driving to their own homes.