Chapter 8 - What Makes Me Feel So Much Pain? (Part 1)

After I sat down I looked at the three of them. They were looking at me to say something - anything, about what was going on.

Mike and Tré were sitting on the bed, their hands on their laps. Billie was sitting next to me, observing my every move. Me, well... I was trying not to have an anxiety attack.

I don't even know how I am going to tell them!

They'll never understand.

"It's been a long, long time Abi," Tré said, starting off the conversation, smiling.

"It's only been a couple of days, Tré," I replied, giggling. "You can't get rid of me yet,"

They laughed, and I looked down. I tried to be happy now, just for them, because I wanted to get this conversation over as quick as possible - but at the same time I never want it to end.

"So how have you been?" Mike asked me.

"Fine," I replied. "You guys?"

"Good," They murmured and nodded. I looked at Billie, who was staring straight at me.

"Can you tell us what happened today?" Billie asked me, "It seemed that you were upset,"

"Well, my Mum came home today," I started, "Mum and Dad are divorced, and my sister and I never knew why really. So she came home, and Mum and Dad sat me down in the living room," tears started to well up in my eyes. My mouth started shaking. "They just randomly told me: "Hey! You're adopted!", then they started to tell me why. Literally listing all the facts down as if it were on paper!" I slowly raised my voice.

Billie had scooted his chair closer to me and put his arm around my shoulder. Mike and Tré were sitting there, their faces giving me a sad look.

"I'm adopted as well," Mike told me. I looked up. "I only met my birth mother once. But listen. Things will get better, you've just got to tell someone what is going on."

"In times like these you've got to speak your mind," Tré explained. "You can't keep it all to yourself."

"You can open up to us, we are always here for a shoulder to cry on," Billie smiled at me.

At that point, I was in tears. I cried into Billie's chest as the other guys came and hugged me. We had a huge group hug, and it felt nice. This is what I like about them. They have their crazy and weird side on stage, but also their caring and loving side behind the madness. We all finally let go, but Billie still let me rest my head on his chest, still hugging me. Mike went to get me a glass of water, and after I drank it all and had a breather, I was ready to continue.

I told them more about how I was adopted, and how they found me 8 years ago. I also mentioned about how I probably wasn't supposed to hear that part. At that point, the guys got a bit suspicious. I didn't want to tell them how I felt about it. I guessed that they could already sense how I felt because I was literally in tears. I started talking about the visions and random flashbacks I had been having. How that at any random time was either near them, or something I had seen before had triggered a 'memory' of some sort. They thought it was suspicious as well.

Halfway through my little vision talk, my phone started ringing in my handbag. "Let me get it," I told them. I crossed the room to the little table that was on the other side of the bed. I picked up my phone and saw that it was an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered, "Who is this?"

"Hello, my name is Adam. I'm from the NSPCC*. Is this Abigail Henderson?" Adam introduced.

*NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children)

"Yes,"

"How are you?" Adam asked.