1. Willows

"Shut up, you cunt!"

"Why in the world are you even mad? I saved your dirty little pigeon from drowning in that pool, schizophrenic jerk."

I untied the pigeon's legs as Penelope rolled her eyes at me. Unthankful wretch.

I handed her the wet pigeon.

She dropped it.

"Ew! Get that featherbag away from me! No one told you to save that thing, I was trying to kill it!"

"You were what?!" I glared at her and picked the pigeon up. Poor thing.

"Look, my parents treat that piece of crap like it's their child!"

I slapped Penelope. She looked ready to explode and so did her friends.

"So what? Animals aren't supposed to be treated as slaves in cages, they deserve respect for not trying to kill us the moment humans began to exist. And look at you! You look like you just got hit by a whirlwind of jewelry! Is that what you mean by your parents 'not caring'?!"

Penelope looked down at herself, then back at me.

She rolled her eyes again, then walked home. She literally looked like a glittering bag of Doritos under the morning sun.

I walked home as well, with the shivering pigeon in my arms. The poor bird was soaking wet!

Enjoying the scenery as I walked, I noticed the crowd of photographers and news reporters surrounding our house. I shoved them aside and ran across the front yard. As soon as I stepped into the kitchen, I took a towel, wrapped it around the wet bird and carefully put it on the counter. I ran up to mom's room, pushed the door open, and sure enough, there she was.

"Mom, paparazzis are outside."

"I'm busy, Xylene. Tell them I got hit by some van and I'm at the hospital. And please shut the door. Those reporters didn't come to see an actress in her jammies typing on a 19-ninety something computer."

I sighed. Having a famous mom isn't that fun. She almost has no time for me.

Well, gotta go lie to the reporters.

I ran down the stairs and leaned the upper part of my body out of the window.

"My mom's at the hospital, she got hit by a truck earlier!"

I have never seen a group of waddling people in suits clear out so fast.

I ran up the stairs once again. Once I opened the door, I saw a beefy, blonde man with only one arm ready to knock my mom out with a baseball bat. My heart pounded as I ran towards the guy.

The last thing I saw was the bat swinging towards me before everything turned pitch black.

~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤

"Xylene, wake up."

I opened my eyes. Everything was blurry.

"Sorry I hit you."

I slapped the guy and immediately stood up. My head twitched and I fell on my knees. What in the world is up??

I looked at the guy as I began to see things clearly again.

"Who are you?"

The man just looked at me.

"Answer the freaking question, dammit!"

He walked over my unconscious mom and closer to me.

"Get away. Who are you?!" I yelled at him, pointing an umbrella at him.

"I'm none of your business. Come with me."

He stretched out his hand and I threatened to bite it, gritting my teeth and growling like a starving wolf. That obviously meant no.

"Okay, pup. So are you coming or not?"

Geez, I didn't expect a beefy blonde guy in an ever-so-formal black suit sporting a gold-tinted tie to be so slow.

I tried standing up with the umbrella and stumbled. Mr. One-Armed Blonde snickered as I attempted to get up on my feet once again, letting go of the umbrella.

"I'm not coming with you, whoever you are," I mumbled. "What did you do to my mom?"

He leaned in closer, and I saw a thin scar across his left eye for the first time.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you, what was that you said?"

Is this guy trying to get killed? I looked away from him and saw a cutter just a few inches away from me a second before he turned my head to face him.

"I'm kidding. I heard ya. Don't go grabbing that cutter now, aight?"

I grabbed the cutter and attempted a slice at the guy's face, but instead of chiseled, hairy flesh, my cutter got stuck on the surface of his baseball bat. Out of instinct, I kicked the bat hard off of his hands and punched his face, sending him flying acroos the room.

I stared at my hands. How was I able to fling this weak fist at a huge stud and make him soar?!

I looked up at the guy.

"I wasn't mistaken in choosing you for the program." He said as a wide smirk appeared on his face, which he held in his left hand. What I did probably hurt him a lot. He lifted the bat and swung at me. I deflected it with a slap.

I had won many contests in martial arts since my childhood, but I never knew I was this strong. Another swing came at me and the bat snapped as I kicked it with my left leg. I thought I had won. I looked up at Mr. Blonde Guy as he went for the final blow with his fist.

I stumbled and fell. I couldn't feel the pain. It was as if it just vanished as I looked at the man's laughing face.

"It's Klent, by the way. Nice to meet ya!"

I just closed my eyes. I wasn't even worried about my mom. I couldn't think straight. How could I? Everything was dark.

-------------------------------
A/N

Hey!!! This is my first story, which I will be updating each week! I really really really really really really hope you enjoyed the first chapter as I'll be giving more~ (Who wouldn't give more? XD)

So. We all know now who the main protagonist is! That would be Xylene Willows, the girl in this chapter! And yes, Mr. Klent said Program. You guys'll find out soon enough~ The girl in the prologue? You'll catch up on her later on. Thanks for reading the first chapter of UTSD!

Until The Sun Dies [ON HOLD]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें