Chapter 6 - I've Nothing Special!!

Start from the beginning

What am I doing here?

I got up from my seat and left the room. No doubt nobody noticed me leaving the place and I heard no one stopping me. I moved to the kitchen for a glass of water. I poured water in my glass and drank whole liquid in one go.

Placing, the glass in the dishwasher I turned and saw Nial standing at the entrance of kitchen folding his hands with a smile and god, just prevent my heart. I hope I don't drool over him in front of his face.

"Hey", I chirped.

"Hey Cole. Long time, huh", he said and came inside.

We both sat on the stools near the kitchen counter. I get a grip over myself before speaking.

"I know. You're busy lately", I said trying to show myself normal and he nodded.

"So, tell me. How's everything going?", He asked.

"Fine. You say?", I asked.

"Same here. I saw you and Austin yesterday in class together ", he asked raising his eyebrows, "I thought you hate him".

"I thought the same for you too. But I found you talking to him today", I defended myself.

"I was being friendly to him because of you", he said and my heart skip a beat.

"What do you mean?", I asked eyeing him closely. He sighed and passed a hand over his hair.

"I thought you and Austin are friends and because you're my friend, I don't wanted to be rude to him. I don't want to hurt you", he told me looking straight into my eyes and my breath hitched in my throat.

Did you hear that? He cares for me!!!

I know, I know, My heart was jumping in joy!!

"You did this for me?", I asked again. Although he make this thing clear just a few seconds before but I just wanted to hear it again and again. It sounds so good.

"Yes, I care for you Cole. You're my friend and I won't let that Austin hurt you ever", he said and hold my hands and it took everything in me not to hug him so tightly, to take the life out of him.

"Austin is not my friend Nial. He just came and started talking to me, I don't know the reason. And I'm doing all this for Cali", I told him truthfully. He out of all the people is the one to whom I don't want to lie.

"I know. Cali is lucky to have such a great friend like you. I'm happy that you're my friend", he said and a stupid grin stick to my face.

"But why do you hate Austin so much?", I asked.

"He's not a good boy Cole", he said.

"And Why am I not surprised? I know that", I replied and he chuckled.

"Long story short, he has a bad past and he's also in bad company. You don't need to know much about him, just stay away from him as far as possible", he replied and I nodded.

"And remember I'm always with you as a Friend", he again said and I passed a small smile.

I want to become more than a friend Nial!!

We both came outside after talking for sometime and joined others. My heart was happy as I got to talk to Nial after so long. I guess this group thing isn't that bad idea. Since, I'll be getting more time to spend with Nial by this idea.

After some time, they all decided to watch movie but now I took it as a cue to leave. I eyed Cali and asked her to follow me. She nodded and followed me outside the hall towards the staircase.