“Oh yeah, you fall also!”  I broke the surface next to him.  We laughed as we walked over to the shallower water again.  I splashed him slightly as we were running towards the shore.  He retaliated with his own miniature wave.  My attention turned to him and I shot a blob of water into his face.

“Hey, that’s not fair!”  He said as he splashed me again.  Slowly, I began to rise higher in the water as a coating of water surrounded my torso and legs.  I was able to glare down at him with my added height.  A huge wave surrounded Kankuro as I lifted my hands as if I was going to clap.  When I clapped, the water charged towards him, temporarily sinking the ninja into the shallow water.  “I give!”  He said as he emerged.  I giggled and the water around me disappeared, lowering me back down.  Kankuro jumped at me, but a wall of sand appeared. 

“Kankuro, we’re protecting her, not killing her.”  Gaara said as he stood up from in the shade.  I appeared behind him.

“Who’s protecting who?”  I poked him, making him jump forward and turn around and glare at me.  With a smile, I walked out of the shadows and turned back to Gaara with a small smile.   “Strip down and get in the water, it’s fine!”  I walked next to him.  He looked away with a light blush.

“Join me while they do their man stuff.”  Temari said as she patted the towel next to her when Gaara refused to look back up at me after a few minutes. 

Giving him space, I sunk into the towel next to her.  The sun began to slow cook my eyes as I attempted to blink moisture to save my roasting eyes.  Closing my eyes, I sighed as the burning sensation was quenched.  Someone picked me up and my eyes shot open.  My eyes still hadn't recovered from the sun so all I saw was a blur as I was thrown over the person’s shoulder.  Too soon, water comforted.  Breaching the surface, I looked up, my eyes recovered, and glared at a smirking Gaara with his arms crossed in a victorious position. 

 “Get down her.”  A wall of air began to push him towards the water. 

With a glance to his back to check for his gourd, I smirked as the wall pushed him the final distance into the water.  A decent wave crashed into my hysterical self as he crashed into the lake.    You checked his back and you didn’t see his gourd.  A pair of glaring eyes met mine before they turned to the dock. 

“Oh no!  If I’m in the water, you’re going to be too!”  I huffed as a water hand grabbed him, stopping him.  He tried pushing it away, even with his sand, but it failed. 

“Let go of me, I’m not a doll!”  He said as he started to try to swim away from it. 

“What fun would that be, and I can handle you like anything I want!”  I urged the water to throw him into the air.  A gasp escaped as he began to fall back to the water.  Right before he was about to crash into the unforgiving water, a bubble appeared around him, stopping his fall.  He poked the bubble and it popped.  As I swam slowly towards him, he looked away in a childish manner. 

“Hachi, come on, we need to go home, it’s getting late!”  Temari announced as she stood up and folded the two towels.  Gaara started going towards the dock with a hmph.

“Well, you can go that way and take a few minutes, or you can join me on a little trip.”  I paddled over to him, attracting his attention. 

“What did you have in mind?”  He sounded suspicious as I swam around him in circles lazily.

“Oh, I don’t know a little jolting, why?”  A small smile graced my lips as Gaara slowly began to sway with me.  With a nod of his head, he wrapped his arms around my waist and smirked down at me. 

“Ready.”  His eyes shifted forward.  Heat coursed through my face as I kicked out behind us and we cut through the water as if we were being pulled by an external source.  We stopped at the edge of the water.  Gaara let go of my waist and wobbled forward on shaky legs. 

“What’s wrong, haven’t got your land legs back yet?”  I walked onto the shore firmly. 

Kankuro and Temari were watching on in amusement at the tree line.  Temari was drying her hair with a towel and offered me one as we approached.  I thanked her as I wrapped it around myself.  The boys put shirts on and waited for us to finish drying and get dressed.  I made a quick hand sign and the water went into the towel instantly.  Running a hand through my now dry hair, I reached for my short water blue shorts and slipped them on easily. 

“Ready if you are!”  Temari said as I folded my towel.  We walked back to the apartment as the sun slowly began to set.  Once at home, Temari and Kankuro plopped down on the couches.   

“Hey guys, I’m going to be on the roof if you need me!”  I opened the sliding door with a small wave and I walked out. 

Appearing at my favorite part of the roof, I sat down to find that someone was already there.  When I tried to jump up, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.  Gaara’s chuckle on the back of my neck had the hairs there standing up.  

“So, you couldn’t resist the full moon?”  He asked as he looked up at the rising moon.  Looking up, I noticed that it was completely white yet. 

“Can I sit down now?”  A blush crept over me as I looked down at Gaara’s arms.  He looked at me with a smirk. 

“I can protect you easier this way.”  He said as my blushing stopped and I looked back up at the moon to distract myself. 

“Well, when you put it that way.”  I leaned into his warm body.  The moon continued to climb up the sky.  When it reached the middle of the sky, my eyes drooped closed as I gave in to my tiredness. 

*Even though I knew my eyes were open, they didn’t see anything but blackness.  When I tried to stand, something held me down.  No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t look around and then I couldn’t move at all.  Even breathing became difficult.*

Gaara's PoV

Hachi began to sweat softly in my lap.  Her eyes were closed yet twitched as if she was dreaming.  Frustration and a little bit of agony textured her face as the moon continued to fly overhead.  When I nudged her, I received only a grunt. 

“Hachi, wake up.”  I whispered softly in her ear.  Her eyes fluttered open slowly and they darted around before landing on my face. 

“What, what’s wrong?”  She asked as she started to look confused.  I smirked down at her.

“It was nothing; you just looked like you weren’t sleeping very well.”  The moon disappeared from view and the sun began to edge over the horizon.  Hachi squinted at the sun in annoyance and tried to stand up.  Giving in slightly, I released her before grabbing onto her hand.  She sent me a mock glare as she pulled me up with her. 

“What’s been up with you lately?”  She tried to pull her hand back.  Confusion consumed her face when I held onto her tighter, as if for dear life.  Pulling up the courage, I sighed and squared my shoulders towards her. 

“Hachi, will-”

~~~~~

CLIFFHANGER!

Sorry, I had to!

On a side note:

This story hasn’t been opened in over two years!!! XD

I’m not even joking!  And I think it was only opened to check that it still existed. 

And I hope to finish this story, with plenty of feedback, before the end of school.  Then, I will be able to work on the sequel, which is nowhere close to being acceptable, before I go away to college!

Thanks for the feedback on the last chapter!

I am going to go off of comments and votes, not really a set number, I only want to make sure that I still have people reading this or else I will work on other titles that can hopefully get me through college. 

So, if you want another chapter this week, go vote and comment!