Chapter 12

“Let’s go home guys, I’m tired, and all of you need a life!”  She yelled as she jumped down from the branch we were on.  She started to fall again.  Sasuke caught her and smiled down at her. 

“She never could stay awake long enough to even boil water.”  He said as he started off towards the village. 

Hachi’s PoV

(Next week, everything with the Sand village is cleared up.  Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro are still in the village, and I’m living with them while Kakashi and the rest of his team are away for a three month mission.  This is also out of the series, it got boring!)

Late morning light greeted my eyes when I woke up.  Gaara’s unblinking eyes stared me down as my sleep edged eyes scanned the room.  In a flash, I had jumped up and covered my body with my blanket.

“What the hell, Gaara, are you trying to give me a heart attack?”  He blinked and smirked as I stepped down from the couch. 

“I told you, you should’ve taken my room; I don’t sleep anyway.”  He stood up slowly.  My eyes scanned his face, making sure he wasn’t about to pull any tricks.  The red head disappeared and a light push from behind had me stumbling forward. 

“That’s not nice!”  I sent him a mock glare as I turned to face him.  A real glare was returned from where I had been standing. 

“Yeah, but it’s fun as hell.”  He chuckled as he stepped down from the couch.  Kankuro walked into the room, looked at both of us, and shook his head. 

“Weirdoes.”  He mumbled before sipping his coffee.  I appeared behind him.

“At least we still don’t play with dolls!”  I poked at Krow, receiving an annoyed grunt from the dummy. 

“Number one, it’s not a doll it’s an action figure, and number two, I don’t manipulate the nature around me!”  He said as he turned to me.  We stuck our tongues out at each other as Temari walked into the room. 

“Do I want to know?  No.”  She answered herself as she walked over to me and hooked arms with me.  “Come on, I need to practice the art of sunbathing.  Join me!”  Her demanding tone and tugging on my arm left no room for argument. 

She deposited me at the bathroom.  I was able to send her a mock glare before she closed the door.  After quickly changing, I smirked to myself and got into the living room to see that everyone else was ready.  The smirk fell off my face as a disappointed frown replaced it. 

 “Do they just draw them on you guys?”  I did a semi anime fall.  They sighed and we left for the lake.

“Are we there yet?”  Kankuro moaned as we were almost there.  When we broke through the line of trees, I could see the clear water.

“We’re here!”  I stripped down and waded into the water.  It was rather warm. 

Temari laid out her towel and laid down on it.  A shadow covered the sun over me, making me look up in confusion.  Kankuro’s butt burned into my eyes as he began to plummet towards me due to gravity.  With a squeak, I dove away in time to avoid being murdered by his attempt at a cannon ball.    

“Watch where you park that big butt of yours!”  I joked with him as he came above the water.  He swam next to me with a joking snarl on his face.

“Oh really, and what about all of your rock weight?”  He asked as he picked me up.  A giggle escaped as he walked over to the deeper water.  Kankuro attempted to throw me into the deeper water.  A hidden lasso of water attached itself to him, dragging him with me.