01

Ahn Hyunhee

the sun that shined hours ago had continuously shined brightly, igniting vivid colours spread across the ever blue skies.  with a tint of breeze that came gushing right through her face, the little young girl had kept on running with energy overflowing her body, with every strand of her hair blowing in several directions.

the atmosphere was great that summer day, adding to the fact that the waves of the water were refreshing. even so the attraction was quite breathtaking.

"hyunhee! catch me if you can!" a fruity high-pitched voice yelled from afar,

hyunhee had looked to her best friends direction whom was a few meters away from her, a cheeky smile formed onto his small lips.

the said boy was bin, a childhood friend that hyunhee had treasured during her childhood. they were inseparable just like glue.

hyunhee cracks a giggle as her dimples deformed on her soothing round face, eventually running after the little boy whom was further away from her. 

she knew that he was far from her reach due to the fact that he had a long lasting stamina. which hyunhee admired about him.

"binnie, i'm tired!" she protest, though her voice was unable to be heard due to her short breaths.

hyunhee being the typical clumsy little girl she is, tripped over a rock which she had not taken a glimpse of, falling face to the ground with a loud thump.

bin shortly felt the empty presence around him as he checked his surroundings carefully until his gaze caught hyunhee whom was still laid onto the sand.

"you're so clumsy." says bin,
prying to lift her up from the ground.

end of flashback

abrupt of laughters filled the room after the story telling of the two close friends whom were seated at astro's dorm, comfortingly bringing back the treasured memories of their childhood.

"if you didn't tell me to chase you, that wouldn't have had happened." hyunhee remarks while bin shakes his head in defeat.

"maybe if you weren't clumsy then that wouldn't have happened." bin says sarcastically with rolling eyes.

hyunhee then began to realize the gaze that bin had been signalling towards her. it was a gaze that she was not quite certain with and it left her with curiosity.

"are you okay?" hyunhee asked him,

bin nods in response and looks away.

the aura became silent and bizarre, as the two glimpsed in different directions.

"i miss the times when it was just
you and me." bin says out of the blue,

"what do you mean?" hyunhee ask, bringing her gaze towards him.

"hi guys" eunwoo interrupts as he
takes a seat beside hyunhee.

bin became expressionless and dull as he sat in silence, not giving a glimpse towards hyunhee nor eunwoo.

what does he mean?
hyunhee had thought.